10/13/12 - Impact's Op: Scarecrow

Joker

Thank you KillCam!

As of right now the Survivor team roster is closed so if your name does not appear on that list then you will NOT be playing as a survivor. More spots will be added as more players sign up to be zombies. Currently the ratio of survivors to zombies is to high.

*Also if I can not get more players to sign up as zombies I am going to have to redesign the game so make sure you keep up with this topic for possible last minute changes. These changes will mostly affect the players signed up as zombies.

~Joker

Hey Joker, if it's cool with you, me and a friend would like to sign up for Scarecrow. My callsign will be Shepard and he wants his to be Spartan. He has to see if he can call off work, so he's a "probably" right now. I'm assuming it's cool if we bring guests? Also, that thread was locked, so I would like to know if the game is still open.

Hey Joker, if it's cool with you, me and a friend would like to sign up for Scarecrow. My callsign will be Shepard and he wants his to be Spartan. He has to see if he can call off work, so he's a "probably" right now. I'm assuming it's cool if we bring guests? Also, that thread was locked, so I would like to know if the game is still open.

It only shows that it is locked becuase you do not have enough posts to post in that section. Posts in the Intro section or off topic for example do not count towards your post count.

Yeah its cool if you bring others with you, the more the better as far as I am concerned. Just make sure they all know the rules and have proper eye protection. The only problem is that right now the Survivor team is closed and I am not adding more players to it until I get more players to sign up as zombies. So if its alright with you and your friends I will add you to the zombie roster.

~Joker

Joker, a friend and I would like to sign on for this game as Survivors if possible. I assume it's ok to bring guests (the more, the merrier, right?). He would like his callsign to be Spartan if that's available. If it isn't, I'm sure he and I could figure something out. He's a big Gundam fan, so we could probably use a Gundam name for him haha. But yeah, if we could get in on this game, we would appreciate it.

*edit* Whoopsies, I didn't read all the way to the end of this thread. All I noticed was that it was no longer locked, so I figured I'd better sign up while I could xD

Edited by Shepard

Hey joker sign Wolfpack to your zombie roster.. I know six of us is attending might be more.. I will let you know in a couple of weeks for any added member coming.

A possible idea since there aren't many people signed up as zombie's (and that's the group that's supposed to be in horde mode), everyone can rotate around between zombie and survivor. Do several rounds with only 4 people who are survivors and the rest are zombies and either at the end of a time limit, or all four have been turned, or an objective has been completed, switch it up so new people are survivors. It'll be like Left 4 Dead. That way too if someone (like me) wanted to be both a zombie and a survivor at some point they could get that opportunity, and there'd always be a larger zombie:survivor ratio. If someone didn't want to be a survivor ever they could have that choice too.

A possible idea since there aren't many people signed up as zombie's (and that's the group that's supposed to be in horde mode), everyone can rotate around between zombie and survivor. Do several rounds with only 4 people who are survivors and the rest are zombies and either at the end of a time limit, or all four have been turned, or an objective has been completed, switch it up so new people are survivors. It'll be like Left 4 Dead. That way too if someone (like me) wanted to be both a zombie and a survivor at some point they could get that opportunity, and there'd always be a larger zombie:survivor ratio. If someone didn't want to be a survivor ever they could have that choice too.

Well that is my backup plan if I can not get more players to sign up as zombies. Its just a LOT more work on my part to do it that way so I am trying to avoid doing that as long as possible. And I figued being this close to Halloween more people would want to dress up all crazy, but I guess thats just me lol.

Roster updated. Thanks everyone who has signed up to be a zombie so far. Keep an eye for updates next week or so, I may have to change the format to squad based gameplay so everyone takes turns being both.

~Joker

I like this idea. I love Left4Dead, so the game mode makes sense to me, and I really don't want to be a zombie the whole damn time... Being shot at and being unable to shoot back isn't my idea of a good time haha. If I could get a chance to be a survivor once or twice, that would be awesome.

Edited by Shepard

Well that is my backup plan if I can not get more players to sign up as zombies. Its just a LOT more work on my part to do it that way so I am trying to avoid doing that as long as possible. And I figued being this close to Halloween more people would want to dress up all crazy, but I guess thats just me lol.

Roster updated. Thanks everyone who has signed up to be a zombie so far. Keep an eye for updates next week or so, I may have to change the format to squad based gameplay so everyone takes turns being both.

~Joker

I could work up a way to make the process easier to play the game in this fashion. I have some ideas that are pretty simple and you, Joker, wouldn't even need to do any extra work or anything really.

I will update everyone on the possible changes when I get back from OP: Irene X and have time to re-think everything. This event is still 2 weeks out.

~Joker

So if we don't do the "Left 4 Dead" style game, could my friend and I be survivors? I know you recommended that since we're greenhorns.

Game info & teams UPDATED. You have all been placed into squads. Everyone will take turns being both survivors and zombies. If we finish early with all the zombie stuff then we will play skirmish type games until everyone is done (or it gets to dark/cold).

~Joker

I will be unable to attend... The team I coach ( 6-1) will be playing at Lucas Oil Stadium that day for the Conference Championship

I will be unable to attend... The team I coach ( 6-1) will be playing at Lucas Oil Stadium that day for the Conference Championship

Nice! Good luck coach, but Zigg is playing D-end this week and coming out with a vengence!

Nice! Good luck coach, but Zigg is playing D-end this week and coming out with a vengence!

He better bring it

What is the address of the place we're doing this at? Since my friend and I are new, we have no clue where to go. I have a navigator on my phone, so if I can get an address, I can figure it out that way.