A. I. Sunday July 14Th Cookout

hrturner

July 13/14th Cookout  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a community cookout on July 13th in the Indy area?

2. 2. Would you attend a community cookout on July 14th in the Indy area?

Since the summer months tend to be hot and very little airsoft going on until August, a fun non-airsoft cookout might be an enjoyable time for the community. The idea here would be a pitch in. Everyone brings something to contribute so we can keep the costs low. Basically we would have a day of grilling and hanging out outside of the normal airsoft stuff.

Date: Sunday July 14th at TBD

Anyone willing to bring a grill/cook (the more the merrier)?

Would anyone be willing to bring other misc supplies (cookies, chips, soda, condiments, plates, eating utensils, etc)?

*Hrturner - will bring cups, paper plates, and eating utensils

*Altes - Burgers, dogs, grill, tables

*Killroy - Burgers, table

*TP - water and soda

Anyone willing to bring games/legal activities to partake in (corn hole, frisbee, football, etc)?

We could try to get a spot at Eagle Creek park in Indy. I have cornhole and uh, one other game. What's the one where there are these poles and you toss bolos on them?

Dude, you can contact near about anyone in DNR (Department of Natural Resources) regarding park areas and grill locations.

I know that Ft. Benjamin Harrison has a lot of places to hold get-togethers like this since about 70% of it is now a state park.

Love the idea, also we should pick a private location, then maybe we can do a swap meet / work on gear. any chance we could vote for Sat 13 or Sun 14.

The poll still shows July 20th :lol:

You just got un-invited! :P

Love the idea, also we should pick a private location, then maybe we can do a swap meet / work on gear. any chance we could vote for Sat 13 or Sun 14.

Sure can change the poll. Figured it would be easier for people to plan if the date was already picked though.

Sounds like a good chance to hangout and relax with the peeps...I'm game for either date once its set in stone

Either date is fine with me, we'll be there.

SouthEastWay park is really nice, fairly quiet, lots of room for everyone. We go out there quite a bit to hike with the dog.

I got corn-hole, and also a game called beersby. I could bring them if this happened.

ill bring my football, maybe we can do a game of two hand touch or something. ill bring along some Mics. supplies with me also.

William it'd probably be an a noon-five thing or whenever we all decide its time to leave really.

just throwing this Idea out there maybe this should be held at a place like VBR that way people can play some casual games if they want or maybe someone can see about reserving the indoor place if they would allow us to grill in the parking lot

Pope has tried to call Rob about having a private game at Indy indoor for that Sunday (Sunday is slower than sat) it would cost everybody 10 bucks and I would bring down a grill to fire up in the parking lot (shaded lot)

The whole premise of this was to not play airsoft... It was just a time for us all to get together and do normal non-airsoft things. Not opposed to a game but trying to keep the get together as cheap as possible.

sounds fair, but I have no "non-airsoft things" oh wait it is called WORK or the WIFE.

Thus is the life of the "serious airsofter". :P

I was just going to hang out with you guys, like relatively normal people do. I don't plan on playing any airsoft, just like the Chill-n-Grills days every January. There was once a time we all got together regularly outside of games, and it made the community a lot stronger. JMHO.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of hanging out. It would give me the chance to eat some grub, tell some jokes, tech mah gunz, and generally hang out like at Chill-N-Grill

not too serious S_Z, everything I do, I do at 110% that's just the way I'm built, probably why I don't party anymore.

If we were to do things at the CQB field there would be no charge, that's what I was calling to talk to you about ROB. That way we could have a tech day and if people wanted to come out and play there would be no charge. I was able to run this past them last weekend. It would be there way of giving a little back to the community.

• Upvote 1

If we were to do things at the CQB field there would be no charge, that's what I was calling to talk to you about ROB. That way we could have a tech day and if people wanted to come out and play there would be no charge. I was able to run this past them last weekend. It would be there way of giving a little back to the community.

Ah, I'll give you a call later this evening.

What is everyone else's thoughts? While the original intent was to simply have us all get together and just have a relaxing day eating and doing non-airsoft stuff, this might be a great way to A) get people out to IIA to see the facility B) have a place for people to work on weapons if needed and C) not have to do leg work to get approval to use a park (yea I'm being lazy here... deal with it!)