Isa Presents - Operation Rebirth (Poncho's Field) 03/14/2015

Trunk

Yes! Hopefully me and coyote actual can come. finally a game with multicam as green. Basic, you with me on this k?

Looool time to bring out the tigerstripe. I gotcha.

I'd like to take a leader role for green, gotta try it sooner or later. Can we pick squads or will they be chosen for us?

The CO's will be from ISA simply because I can work hand in hand with them, and ensure that the game goes smoothly. However, I have left it up to them to elect their XOs. Also, once registration is live we will open a secure Facebook group for planning. In there you can work with your CO/XO to ensure you are in a squad with friends. 

If you are interested in an XO position do not post it on here, but rather PM me or message me on FB and I will get it to the correct person. 

• 3 weeks later...

Alright ladies and gentlemen... Pre-Registration is now OPEN! 

USC (Tan Forces) - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ETXGLKA7P5DPA

NWS (Green Forces) - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TDEF2BX92HC9U

Once you have pre-registered you will receive a response via e-mail confirming your team and with additional information. 

Let's get this thing going and start off 2015 right at Poncho's field!!!

Poncho's is always a blast, and Trunk and his people are cool in my books, but this is right when my wife's due date is. I will not risk her wrath. Sorry. Have fun!

Poncho's is always a blast, and Trunk and his people are cool in my books, but this is right when my wife's due date is. I will not risk her wrath. Sorry. Have fun!

Lame excuse :BS:

Don't forget that pre-registration is OPEN! Green is currently outnumbered with just 6 days into registration. Make sure to take advantage of the discounted price while you still can!!

What qualifies as appropriate dress for this sort of thing? I'm new to milsim and funds are limited, I probably won't be able to find a set of BDUs in time for this event. Can I just wear color-matched civilian clothes? (Ie: walmart camo hoodie and green cargo pants/ tan jacket and khakis)

I apologize if this information is already somewhere else, but the player pack was vague on the subject and I thought it best to ask the people actually running this shindig as opposed to getting generalized rules from google.

Edited by Tinker

Yeah, they were posted, but being new to milsim, I didn't know if someone could just wear plain clothes of that color or if a specific type of clothing would be required (besides color). I also was wondering if someone could mix camo with solid colors and if both pants and shirts must match exactly.

In my research I have found many different requirements from different fields and events, unsure of the standard or specific rules, I thought it best to ask rather than drive 2+ hours just to be turned away.

Edited by Tinker

BDU's and DCU's should be a staple to your kit. Get's you into any event. ;)

Indeed. I just haven't been able to find any in my budget. I'm spending all my money on a krytac XD.

I've been told to look at Salvation Army and goodwill type places but so far, no luck.

Also, I was going to try and pull off an outfit that doesn't necessarily scream military if possible. I've heard of military contractor and mercenary type load outs which intrigue me.

Edited by Tinker

Indeed. I just haven't been able to find any in my budget. I'm spending all my money on a krytac XD.

I've been told to look at Salvation Army and goodwill type places but so far, no luck.

Also, I was going to try and pull off an outfit that doesn't necessarily scream military if possible. I've heard of military contractor and mercenary type load outs which intrigue me.

Tinker-

You are allowed to wear solid colors if you do not have any actual camis. If you wear a tan top and khaki bottoms this would be considered tan. The same would go for green pants and top. The only thing we are trying to discourage is realtree.

Ok. Thanks trunk! I really appreciate your reply, I'm a bit of a stickler for details when it comes to this stuff. I don't want to be left out because I made an assumption.

I'm looking into cheaper, but still good quality, guns for field play so as to afford some decent gear. I don't want to be that one guy who gives away the squad's position because I don't blend in.

Edited by Tinker

Ok. Thanks trunk! I really appreciate your reply, I'm a bit of a stickler for details when it comes to this stuff. I dotty want to be left out because I made an assumption.

I'm looking into cheaper, but still good quality, guns for field play so as to afford some decent gear. I don't want to be that one guy who gives away the squads position because I don't blend in.

No problem Tinker! No matter what you should definitely come! Right now tan is outnumbered, but that could change any day. Get pre-registered and then start hitting the local military surplus shops for camis. You can get DCU or M81 (woodland) for around $10-$20 per set.

If you're eBay friendly, I found both of my sets for about $12-15 shipped each.

@Trunk, 

Are you going to have private forums set up here? 

Or else where? 

RabidGerbil-

I will leave that up to the CO. If they CO would like to use IA rather than Facebook then they may do so. I believe that the NWS is going to use Facebook due to simplicity. 

Ladies and Gentlemen-

As of last night the NWS (green) outnumbers the USC (tan) 30 - 16 pre-registered. Join the fight now before the price goes up and support the other Indiana players fighting for the USC!