Mutual Combat Aar 4/30/16

Crimson

Didnt see it up yet so Thought I would get this going.

So where do i start this was a great game even with the pouring rain all day.

So lets start this 

Pro's

1.   Foxfire and his guys have put a great amount of work into making one of the best fields I have ever played at..  Seriously people this may be the best field indiana has had.

2.  Great Players.   Only the second game I have played this year.. But the quiltiy of players again was top notch

3.  Games where fun especially for a open play.  

4.  Good turnout for a soaking wet day.  

5.  Blackwatch...   These Hard charging in your face players always bring the element of fun to a game when they show up in force.  Felt like old times.

Con's

1.  Everyone will agree... the weather sucked.. Totally out of anyones hands but it was wet and fogging all day(To correct this I expect Foxfire and Amazon Woman to work on there anti Rain Dance and perform before the next game)

2.  Little bit of confusion on who was on what team.. but hey I was just a guilty here as anyone.. And adds to the fog of war.  (why so serious people)

Seriously had a great time and will be back to future games there.  If you have not seen this field or played here.. your missing out. 

I personally want to thank Foxfire, Amazon Woman and all there crew for the work time and effort they have put into making this place as cool as it is.  

As always, a great time at a great field.

Pros:

Seriously, this field is awesome.

Good firefights

Mostly good attitudes from players

My ak rocking it

Gear working well

My freshly rebuilt corolla engine surviving the trip with flying colors.

Cons:

Some hit calling issues... i understand yu might not feel it, but don't dispute it.

Getting shot in the head from about 8-10 feet by someone who ran to the spawn i was switching to my team's colors.

Some players attitudes needed not be present on the field. You're winning, cool, dont be a dick about it. May fly where you're from, but it's unappreciated in the north.

When you're dead, you do not continue barking orders at your players and giving advice. You stand with the rest of the dead and watch the action. Don't directly influence the action by not understanding what the red rag you placed on your head means.

Overall i had a blast. Even with this field being a 4 hour drive south, i find it to be worth the drive every time, moreso than a lot of the fields closer to home. As always, thanks to foxfire and his crew for a great time at a great field.

First and foremost, thank you to Firefox and your crew for having us out to an awesome field!!! 

Cons: 

1) Weather 

2) At the end of the day words exchanged by 2 children being dumb ass's. Yup, children ;) 

3) Really need to get the whole green/tan thing dialed in. This would make it a bit easier for all involved. (Ya I did shoot some teammates) 

Pros: 

1) AWESOME FIELD!!!!  

2) Overall great attitudes by everyone involved. 

3) Buildings etc are really well done. 

4) No major choke points to give one side or the other an advantage. 

5) Cover is superb. 

6) Nice having the grill going and the veggie platter.

It was really great to play with some old friends that I haven't seen in a long time. 

I will be back for sure. I highly endorse what you guys are doing. This field needs a big Op!! 

We all very much enjoyed playing despite the rain, mud and fogging. 

Thanks again to Mutual Combat for giving us  place to play. 

Not bad for first time out this year. Had an amazing time.

They always put on a good show down there.

I guess pros and cons:

Pros:

Weather. Nasty weather made it not so unbearably hot and added an element of realness to the event.

The field. As always is still the best field around.

The people. Everyone is laid back and down to earth and generally good dudes that create an atmosphere that is easy to come back to. I never hesitate in saying yes to playing down here and that's mostly due to the people just being great. I don't even mind the four hour drive.

The gameplay was as always great. The field is difficult to navigate and obstacles provide great cover. Foxfire has done some amazing work and the place can only grow.

Cons:

The weather. Honestly the least worthy of a con and I only list it because literally every piece of gear had some amount of mud on it. But mud washes off.

The fun. People get way too butthurt about a lot of things while playing. Yeah. It sucks getting hit in the face and yeah. It sucks that Its raining. But you didn't have to go. You can sit at home. The people that have fun Will still be there and if you're at home so will your negativity. Lighten up people it's just a game.

Overall great way to start the year (for me). Huge thanks to foxfire and crew for hosting a great event. Can't wait for the next one.

• Upvote 1

A big thank you to Foxfire and Amazonwomen; you couldn't ask for more gracious hosts! It was a rough day weather wise, but I had a blast.

Cons:

Some hit calling issues

Dead men talking

Some poor sportsmanship

Lack of end of day massage

No industrial dryer on premises :smiley-taunt:

Pros:

I cannot believe how much the field has been built up since I saw it last season! Some of the high dollar professional fields have nothing on MCC. The buildings here are solid and well constructed and becoming quite numerous.

The lunch service was superb! Thank you for providing veggies, and grill yum yums. That was an unexpected surprise.

The dry areas were life savers, great tent square footage.

Some great play effort and attitude from newer players. I really enjoy seeing people that haven't played much really getting to experience a great field and day of play. (Seeing you vets do the same is ok too, I guess :wub: )

Weather provided a great test of gear and equipment. It was nice to see what worked and what didn't in inclement weather.

I don't think the issue of team color separation was a problem. There was some confusion at times, but I think it's important for players to work on team recognition at smaller games and also learn to utilize a team identification code. Amiright, pop-tarts? I will say the teams were slightly unbalanced with a lot more vets and a well practiced team comprising tan, but it was an impressive show of force the whole day. Just goes to show how effective a team that practices and plays together can swing a field to their will. I think the field would benefit from refs carrying some springers or low fps gun and spot checking players from time to time for hit calling integrity. I really appreciate Foxfire's attitude on sportsmanship and encouraging proper behavior/attitude on the field. Sometimes it seems reasonable to try and rectify a situation in the heat of the moment, but it's not; walk away and address it later via civil discussion.

I had a great time and can't wait to play that field again. What a true gem in my figurative back yard! Thanks for a fun time to everyone who showed up; the game wouldn't have been as much fun without you!

I made it. I brought my brother. Good times.

Pro's

The field, and the folks in charge.

Good firefights.

Shotgun kill!

Saw some familiar faces.

Con's

Getting lost, killed, lost again, killed again.

Last town skirmish was a bit... Lopsided.

I think it rained...

Love the field, always a good time. Cheers, folks.

Great day!  

Pro's:

1.  The host's.  Great people, open and friendly, yet professional and involved.

2.  The field.  HUGE!  Pine trees.  Gully/Creek bed.  Awesome town, well decorated +1 Biohazard building :).   Possibly the best airsoft field in Indiana, at least from what I've been too.

3. Turnout.  40+ people (?) Good teams

4.  Got experience in the rain :)  Learned how to adjust gear loadout and modifications appropriately.

Con's

1.   The weather was cold and rainy, but it just added to the realism and "Hooah!"".   

2.  Some people were not wearing the correct gear for the team they were playing on.  It did cause multiple team hits and some confusion.  Not the field's fault, more the      players IMHO

I'd love to see the video ;)

Edited by XPatriot

I loved the field. Sadly, I could only stay for one game due to my goggles constantly fogging. New ones are definitely on the shopping list. I am really looking forward to getting on this field with nice weather.