Paintball Indianapolis Indoor 11-15-15

Bear

Lets get the ball rolling.  If you were in attendance, let us all know what your impressions of the place were.  First thing I'd like to mention is this, Rhino (the owner) can talk.  He seemed genuinely excited to tell us his plans for the place, and really seems to want to grow the game.  It was easy to go off on a tangent as he excitedly told us about his goals for the business.  My impressions of him as a business owner was good.  He was interested in what we had to say about the place, and what improvements we could think of. 

I should mention that Rhino's business plan is geared as much towards the fresh faced walk in newb with no experience with the game as much as it is for the veteren player.  The site in its current configuration is not bad, though some areas were easy to get pinned down in if you weren't careful.  Construction was for the most part pretty solid and sturdy (Sasquatch broke a door opening it the wrong way).  I had no issues with any of my weapons using the Valken field bbs (an ICS M16, a JG M16, an A&K M249 and two WE pistols), and Rhino even let me take out one of the Valken battle machines to try out.  It was pretty solid for the price point, but that's for another thread. 

There were absolutely no issues with any players that I can even think of.  It was a solid day of pew pew with excellent field honor.  I enjoyed playing down there and will be going back again, especially once the snow starts to fall. 

Three Questions:

1. How was the attendance?
  2. The website casts the place as a laser tag field, with lasers, flashing lights, and music - is it?
  3. Did he ever mention when the outdoor field would be open?

My friends really wanted to go on the 22nd

1. Throughout the day a total of 12 or so showed up. Some from here, the last few were walk on. We had 8 at any given time.

2. It has a sound system that can play anything. One sound track played battlefield sounds, another house/edm music. I'm sure Rhino would play whatever you wanted if you asked. One section of the field has doors and is made to look like a night club with fog machines and lasers lights. Trippy to clear. One of the upstairs portions has black lights only. The rest is a pretty standard cqb setup. One section is made to be crawled through even.

3. He didn't mention it that I heard, but feel free to contact him. He's very open to answering questions.

Edited by Bear

Ugh, I forgot that Contour Roams are really only functional during the day. Virtually all of my recorded footage is useless because of it's inability to work in low light. Got to rig an IR Filter for next time. Oh well :|

Can confirm what Bear said. I'll put an emphasis on the field honor; It was fantastic. Literally no complaints. Fist bumps where had, and I believe everybody left with a grin on their face. Trade kills and "Nah man, your still in"s where had.

I was pretty flabbergasted by the end of the day; So many good things about the field. The construction is very solid, all the buildings and walls feel very safe. Rhino outlined some of the tools they used to make the place such. Let me just say, those walls aren't going anywhere. The owner is a great guy, he genuinely cares about the sport and wants to help it grow. The Refs are good at staying out of the way and yet somehow keeping a good eye on things. The layout is pretty neat, there's only a couple of places that you can camp from, and with a new door going in inside the club (I think) it will make things a bit more hectic and less campable. I guess we will see how that plays out.

This is most likely going to be my primary field, even if it weren't for the snow.

Rental gear is great quality - great prices, the rental helmets are better then my own.

BBs are designed to be ran through rental guns and are in a different quality control lane from regular BBs - No problems in any of my guns. Not a single jam or misfeed.

Edited by ProPainTank

It probably would have been better when we had the lights up earlier in the day. Ink make sure to bring my go pro next time as well.

Glad you guys made it there! I had some issues that required my attention the whole day. I will try to come back out this Saturday. Thanks for giving this place a chance!