Mccordsville 8-30-15

Sturm

Had a blast on the field, big thanks to all the people involved in organizing the game again. The weather wasn't optimal, but now anything cooler then last months game seems fine. Can't wait for a Fall game! Hopefully I'll have some gameplay to post within a couple of days.

Also, I'm pretty sure I brought home a small populace of green spiders on my gear. :P

Pros:

-Great Turnout

-Mostly Mosquito-free staging area

-Rules where simple and well explained

-Defend the bomb was a blast

-That Revolver/1911 duel-wield kill while my drum mag was down (Was it Civey?). I wish I was recording :(

-Quite a few newer people!

-Names to faces

Cons:

-Mosquitos

-Heat/Humidity

I'd love to find the guy who was recording me during the bomb gamemode so I can use that clip in my video.

Edited by ProPainTank

Had much fun at yesterday's game. It was a blast! Got a chance to meet new people and some well known people. All in all a great day to pew pew

Pros:

-Met great people

-The bomb game mode was great fun, especially when I rushed the doughnut with my 93r

-There was actual teamwork during the objective type games

-Good turnout. There were enough people to feel my wrath

Cons:

-Some people were still confused with the bomb game mode 

-A few hit calling issues 

-Mosquitoes (can't be helped)

• Upvote 1

Another great game!

As the others have stated there was an excellent turnout and other than the heat, bugs and a couple minor hit calling issues (so basically... Airsoft) I certainly can't complain.

I've only been to the field twice (last month and yesterday) but would like to say that I was happy to see a more formal chrono process this time compared to last. I do kind of wish .20s were provided just to keep everyone on the level (not that we don't have an honest group, but ya know...) but I was happy to see more attention paid here in the interest of safety and people with guns running a little hotter (myself included at ~400 FPS) being asked to keep it to short bursts or semi.

Edited by Spectra

I'd love to find the guy who was recording me during the bomb gamemode so I can use that clip in my video.

Twas I, but alas, I ran out of battery and forgot to take my rig off  :unsure:

Edited by TEK

Had a blast on the field, big thanks to all the people involved in organizing the game again. The weather wasn't optimal, but now anything cooler then last months game seems fine. Can't wait for a Fall game! Hopefully I'll have some gameplay to post within a couple of days.

Also, I'm pretty sure I brought home a small populace of green spiders on my gear. :P

Pros:

-Great Turnout

-Mostly Mosquito-free staging area

-Rules where simple and well explained

-Defend the bomb was a blast

-That Revolver/1911 duel-wield kill while my drum mag was down (Was it Civey?). I wish I was recording :(

-Quite a few newer people!

-Names to faces

Cons:

-Mosquitos

-Heat/Humidity

I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday. I was the ref first 2 games. Then I left. It was not me.

Had a blast first time there will return for sure

Pros fielding all 4 guns in the same day xcr and 249 ran great

Fairly hot cooler then battleground

Didn't get eat up by mosquitoes

I got to see propaintank get his awesome revolver kill

Got some great kills with my saw.

Cons

Hot

Some hit calling issues

The vegetation is very think in some areas

Overall had an awesome time my +2 both had fun and will definitely come back next month

I actually bruised the palm of my hand from cycling the bolt of the rifle I was using so much lol.  Despite having half of my gear break, there was lots of fun to be had. Also, props to ProPainTank for letting me use his Bar 10 when my L96 went down.

Good Stuff

-HUGE turnout as far as numbers and new faces

-Didn't lose any of my gear on the field this time

-Field was dry

Bad Stuff

-Conditions (heat bugs etc)

-Refereeing is still a problem.   Thank you, Civey, for getting out there to hold down those first two games, though.

-The bomb game was a good idea to put variations into how the game was played, but the rules weren't developed enough to actually make objectives happen. After the bomb was planted, it was pretty much a deathmatch again.  Maybe limit respawns/make them infinite for one team to eliminate the "get them to waste all of their respawns" strategy

-confusion about respawns.  Since it's such a small field, reaching the other team's spawn is almost inevitable.  For deathmatches especially, this could be fixed by simply capturing the other team's respawn point, which also adds to more objective gameplay

-THE STAGING AREA IS NOT SAFE.  I don't know how much there can be done about more nets or rules, but in the middle of the tables (not even towards the field) I got pegged in the shoulder.  If I was bending over to look for something in my bag, that's an easy eye injury...

-Not a huge fan of how the events at McCordsville are hosted...

I know this post is mostly cons, which is nt because I had the worst game of my life (I actually had a fantastic time playing, plus, after Joker's noob day last April, it can't get any worse), but because I feel like some of this stuff needs to be said to help improve the games for next time.

Also, sorry if anybodies' ears are still ringing from the two Thunder Bs I threw

Edited by Rosemont
  • Upvote 1

-THE STAGING AREA IS NOT SAFE.  I don't know how much there can be done about more nets or rules, but in the middle of the tables (not even towards the field) I got pegged in the shoulder.  If I was bending over to look for something in my bag, that's an easy eye injury...

This! I saw it happen. EO was there to tell people to watch their shots, but I've always felt a bit uncomfortable in the staging area. I'm sure people would be willing to pitch in (myself included) to pay for another net to cover the gaps.

We can always talk about new gameplay ideas on the field I guess. Maybe some small flags to show which team holds a respawn point? Small flag poles are $20-$60.

Edited by ProPainTank