More Saw Problems

Angel

Looks like I'm back in the Gun tech.. Anyways, for those who don't know my M249 SAW is not working, when the trigger switch is pushed the motor tries to move the gears, but fails, and the wires get very hot and if the trigger switch is pressed again, the fuse catches fire. I recently replaced the motor and it still does not work. If anyone has a solution please let me know or if there are any gun techs in or around Westfield that would like to take a look, please let me know as well. If not, looks like I'll need a new gun.

Edited by Angel

What kind of battery are you using?

And are you sure you've got the right fuse?

I'm using a 9.6v battery and its okay because I've tested it on another gun and it worked fine, the fuse I'm using is a 20A buss fuse, and I should also note that both of my motors work outside of the gearbox but not inside

Sorry for posting this and immediatly having it fixed... but the issue was the taper plate keeping the gears in place, in turn, the motor wouldn't move, sorry if I wasted  anyone's time 

Hey Angel, mind posting a little more detail on what you discovered with the tappet plate? It'll come in useful for whoever sees this in the future.

the spring that holds the taper plate forward during the cycling of the gearbox was also pull the taper plate up and out of place, so to fix it, I left the spring unattached until the cover of the gearbox was placed and screwed back on, then take some needle-nose pliers and attach the spring to the taper plate and the gearbox should work fine.

Edited by Angel