Battleground Paintball March 8Th

green gaint

Hello all AAR for battleground my first event there guys where great off the field not so much on the field lots of hit calling issues on both sides but overall fun green giant out.

So, here are my thoughts on today's events.

Pros:

Weather - I'm so glad to see something north of 40 degrees and today was awesome weather for some pew pew.

Being able to get out and actually shoot at something that could shoot back.  I so needed that.

My gun performing as it should be.  I've made the realization that .25s are ideal for my gun in it's unmodified state.

Cons:

Mud, mud and......guess what?  MOAR MUD!  I can understand that 50 degree weather is going to cause a major defrost, but geez...much dirty, very mud, much slip, wow.  I can't blame the guys of Indy Battle Grounds for that, but I hold that bitch Mother Nature fully responsible.

Hit calling - You're going to get that everywhere.  It's an unfortunate part of airsoft.  It is what it is.

Big thanks to Josh for having us out. I had a blast.

Pros- the new addition to the field (black water city). Getting to meet a few of the people that I talk to on the forum (putting faces with names).Getting out of the house on nice day and slinging plastic with (for most part) great people. They allowed us to use medics!

Cons- kept running out of ammo. Lol! Mud once the snow melted off, and newly formed ponds all over the field (also from melting snow), (not much you can do about it). A few people yelling they hit some one, and I was with in 30ft of enemies and didn't see any bbs make it through the brush. The field ran out of .25s. Having a few feeding issues, (I THINK from valken ammo), but by end of the day my mags were muddy, (possibly causing the feed issues).

Refs having to constantly tell people to keep their masks, and goggles on.

OVERALL not much too much to whine about. I think a lot of the (so called) no hit calls were being deflected. Hit calling Was not as bad as last time we played. THANK YOU (again), Indy Battle Grounds for having us out.

Edited by civey

I enjoyed the event yesterday. Besides the mud, it was a good game overall.

Pros:

-There were girls there! I thought girls playing airsoft was just a sick, twisted rumor!  :P

-The fields were good for airsoft. However, they are built around the "paintball mentality" for obvious reasons...

-The brig! They finished it!

Cons:

-People taking off their masks in the middle of games. Keep you masks on! Especially when people are firing directly at you!

-Profanity; I normally wouldn't have a big problem with it, but there were some young kids there.

-People not calling their hits. Like Endgame said, that's just a part of airsoft... Sadly...

-Like everyone has said and will say, MUD!

-The price was insane. First game was $2; now it's $25? $5 would be an acceptable price in my opinion.

-Barrel bags. If the magazine is not in the gun, the barrel is cleared, and the gun is on safety, there should be no problem. I was the guy with the huge sniper rifle; there was no barrel cover that would fit the muzzle. I will have to construct my own before next time if they still require it.

-My mask kept on fogging up! I switched to my goggles before the Brig games because it was so bad.

-Medic system: requiring the medic to stay with the player for a one minute is a little much. 20-30 seconds sounds reasonable. I know some medics didn't stay with the player for an entire minute.

Just a side note, they never did the giveaways did they?

Edited by Fang

Fang, I have to disagree with you on a couple of your cons.

While it may be a little high, food was provided.

Also, regarding the barrel bags.  I can see the point on that of that.  Lots of newbies still learning trigger control and muzzle discipline.  My guns always keep one BB in the hop up even if the magazine is out.  Best to avoid accidents by putting something in place to prevent them.

Pros:

Getting to play airsoft with friends.

Putting faces with names.

Didn't really mind the mud. Makes more of a challenge.

Cons:

Hit calling was a major problem for me.

Same game play as the January 17th game.

Was not too stokes on Blackwater city.

Second story walls were only 5 feet tall; and I'm over 6 feet tall. Seemed to have way too many windows.

For that price I will not play there again.

I don't believe people were abiding by the M.E.D rules.

Pros:

New addition I thought was awesome.  I'm happy to see a field expand!

A whole lot of people I've never seen before!  I didn't really introduce myself to too many people,  but if you were in the brig the next to last game, I was probably bossing you around to get into a window ;p

I really think Josh has some voodoo going on for the weather.  Seems both times, it warmed up just for games there. 

Refs... I have a love hate thing going on here.   Even though I know one of the parties didn't really like the way it was handled (he didn't see both ends of the deal) I watch a ref defuse a situation fairly quickly, in a really professional manor.  I also seen one inform someone they were hit, when they didn't realize it themselves.

Worked with us to have a few rounds to our play style.

Cons:

Refs.  I blame their overhead, therefor a higher cost to play, on them.   These people want paid too you guys!

Would like to see more tables in the staging area,  also some benches.  Thinking about it, I could just bring a chair lol.

Food on site.   I don't think the hotdogs had anything to do with the price of admission guys.  However, I was kind of disappointed when there was no chili this time =(

Parking sucks!!!  After last game, our requests for more gravel in the staging area was granted.  Can we get some for the parking area too?  I'm sure it wont be as bad in the warmer months, but if nothing else,  I'd rather have a clean place after I change out of my play clothes, to stay clean.

Over all I had a blast.  The price I felt was reasonable considering overhead, maintenance, and when expansion is obvious.  Lets not forget guys, this is a business.  

Another note,  Hit calling.  It's always an issue in AAR's it seems though.  Only way to fix it, is to encourage to play fair, and to sic ref's on them. Not really much a EO can do about it, unless they are caught.  Remember also, just because you think you hit someone, doesn't mean you do.  I often think I'm hitting someone to find out later my bb's are falling about 15 ft in front of them.   Adjust fire, move up! 

Edited by Gadoris

Oh forgot one con.  Team colors!  I seen A LOT of ACU on both sides,  got shot once because of it =/  I would like to see uniform rules more enforced.  If your teams are uneven, take everyone from the same type of camo, not just some please.

• Upvote 1

Cons:

Another note,  Hit calling.  It's always an issue in AAR's it seems though.  Only way to fix it, is to encourage to play fair, and to sic ref's on them. Not really much a EO can do about it, unless they are caught.  Remember also, just because you think you hit someone, doesn't mean you do.  I often think I'm hitting someone to find out later my bb's are falling about 15 ft in front of them.   Adjust fire, move up! 

I agree with you on this, but if I'm well within range, watch a bb bounce off a shoulder, head or back, and then watch that person move to avoid follow up fire....you get my point.  Gadoris, I'm not talking about you (obviously) We had a nice little exchange when we were trying to hit each other. :)

Oh forgot one con.  Team colors!  I seen A LOT of ACU on both sides,  got shot once because of it =/  I would like to see uniform rules more enforced.  If your teams are uneven, take everyone from the same type of camo, not just some please.

I also have to agree with this.  One of the guys wearing ACU even asked me what they should do regarding camo.  I just told them to get some DCU and Woodland and they'll be set.

Pros: 

- City addition looked great. Based on my early-arrival-walk though it, construction looks great! 

- Fun with friends and familiar faces, as well as new ones. Was a fun event to just be a bit carefree and screw around at times too.

- "Deploying" from the helicopter with widow, starblade, banks, janitor, echo and company was hilarious and definitely made my day. 

- Both guns I brought performed very well, despite the fact I brought lighter weight bios unintentionally. 

- Having air refills on site is always a nice plus. 

- Teams were fairly balanced for the most part. 

Cons: 

- Everyone's saying it: hit calling on both sides. Always happens at events where the experience level is mixed like this one was, so I was not surprised at all. 

- Ton of mud and water everywhere made a lot of things annoyingly trivial. Not the field's fault in any way obviously. I had planned for it after the last time at this field, but it managed to be worse with the snow melt-off. By the end of the day I was definitely drenched and covered in mud. 

- Sadness in my heart from not having a game purely in the new city, but I understand that was because we had too many people. Also not the field's fault that they had a great turnout!

- New guys taking their goggles/masks off on the field, leaving magazines in their guns after exiting the field. Referees were on it though, so props to them.

- Forgot to charge my gopro battery. 

- Last game in the brig was a mistake.  

Suggestions for future (?):

- Possibly have the refs place themselves in more congested areas and buildings, those were the more problem areas that I saw hit calling issues on both sides. 

- Limit hot dog intake for the first round per person? Haha

great day for the pewing. thanks to civey and his rather lively attachments for giveing me a ride and makeing me feel right at home

Pros 

got to try out new uniform pants

hotdogs were AMAZING

everyone was haveing a good time and haveing fun

same always from there on saw old friends met a member from my team

cons

im not going to repeat what everyong said im sure admin find it really anoyying but i only have a few cons

1 found out i cant snipe in full facemask and tried to take my goggles off the facemask but cant get them back in(this is my falt)

2 we had an injury in the brig (because someone doesnt know how hot there gun is)

and 3 saw a lot of respect issues out there saw like 3 fights almost break out but cudos to the refs for dealing with these in a professional and timely manner 

and just because he wasnt there I COULDNT TACKLE DEVIL MAAAAN!

PS who ever shot me in the head from the guard tower across the field you have a great shot sir/maam that was the offical cod renactectment with BOOM HEAD SHOT and 360 ACROS THE MAP NO SCOPE LOL

PS who ever shot me in the head from the guard tower across the field you have a great shot sir/maam that was the offical cod renactectment with BOOM HEAD SHOT and 360 ACROS THE MAP NO SCOPE LOL

Boogie, if you were on the tan team and hiding behind one of the dirt bunkers nearest to the guard tower, that was me.... :)

Boogie, if you were on the tan team and hiding behind one of the dirt bunkers nearest to the guard tower, that was me.... :)

Endgame, please tell me it was the krytac...

If you were on the right side of the field from the sniper tower standing next to another man, that was me. Sorry for the headshot. I was aiming at whoever I shot at or just above the head thinking the bullet would arc. I try not hit people in the head or face. I've been lucky enough to have never been shot in the face when I'm not wearing a mask, but I have been shot in the head plenty of times. Head shots hurt. I will aim lower next time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

i dont care its in thn nature of the sport lol theres nothin i can do about it lol but anyway nice shot and yor welcome

Pros:

Awesome field, really think it has some great potential

weather was awesome

the amount of people who showed up was great!

making new friends

getting great GOPRO footage

some of the gameplay was great. especially on the first brig game. the second one was Okay but green team wimped out and didn't make it to us. I wanted to use my pistol

loved that they had a full supply of Valken BBs. from .20g-.32g

cons

the rules seemed to be more paintball rules (to be expected) i think the rules can change a bit and the planned gameplay.

the price for admission was insane.

BBs were expensive

Hit calling was kinda crappy

MUD. it was fun being muddy but I tripped in it and snapped my headphones in half and got my gun drenched.

there are random concrete blocks all throughout the field (which i tripped and fell on)

People took 2-3 hot dogs and left none for the rest of the players. 

The barrel cover rule was really annoying but every paintball field i've gone to has that. but really it was kind of ridiculous.

my buddy with a SAW was yelled at for going full auto on a full auto only gun...

I could probably say more but i had a lot of fun and i would surely come back after some changes are made. Here's my gameplay montage i just uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqT4cCjA3Cs