What head gear does everybody use?

Shwaisey

The topic on worst/best camo got me thinking I do not use headgear as efficiently as I should.

What does everybody else wear/use to break up their image as well as keep cool?

Although I don't wear them too often, mostly due to either heat or me forgeting them, I like patrol caps, boonie hats, and my PASGT.

Bandana sometimes, most of the time nothing. Movement will give off your position far easier than headgear.

Then again, I don't have long locks of blond hair like some people. :lol:

For the longest time I always wore some kind of head covering, if for nothing else to keep from being bitten by bugs (mostly mosquitoes).And I have worn everything from baseball caps to clown wigs. If I had to choose what I like to wear most I would say a boonie hat. I like that I can wear most headsets with it and goggles and still keep it comfortably on my head (in part thanks to the draw string). I also feel that the hats brim can be a very useful tool in itself such as blocking the elements and tilting it slightly it can better hid your head/face. I have even worn them in CQB environments with success. Its pretty versatile.

Shwaisey you might also look into something like Zico wore, its a head and shoulders covering. I cant remember exactly what it is called right now but it was some kind of snipers veil

~Joker out....

• 3 weeks later...

I usually use an OD triangular bandage under all my helmets, or alone. If I run a helmet it's usually my bump, but here soon I'll be running a modified CVC helmet. Helmets for helmet cameras.

I always have to wear some form of headgear... The sun shining off my gingery red hair somehow makes a perfect target for snipers and heat seeking missiles. :unsure:

Typically I like to wear my Protec. Its comfortable and serves as an excellent mount for my helmet camera. The only thing I don't like about it is how it increases my profile, making a slightly bigger target. Its always good to wear a bandana or multiwrap under it too, helps with the sweat and for keeping bugs out.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Long hair and long beard... :smiley-taunt:

Now seriously, a bandana is quite handy to keep sweat out of your forhead and thus, eye pro.

• 5 months later...

For the longest time I always wore some kind of head covering, if for nothing else to keep from being bitten by bugs (mostly mosquitoes).And I have worn everything from baseball caps to clown wigs. If I had to choose what I like to wear most I would say a boonie hat. I like that I can wear most headsets with it and goggles and still keep it comfortably on my head (in part thanks to the draw string). I also feel that the hats brim can be a very useful tool in itself such as blocking the elements and tilting it slightly it can better hid your head/face. I have even worn them in CQB environments with success. Its pretty versatile.

Shwaisey you might also look into something like Zico wore, its a head and shoulders covering. I cant remember exactly what it is called right now but it was some kind of snipers veil

~Joker out....

It is the Viper Hood, made by Tactical Concealment, Inc.

I also prefer the boonie cover. Simple, keeps the sun out of your eyes, and the vented ones keep you relatively cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...