Sports Smoke - Tactical Smoke Grenade

Rabbitdave

So I have been able to use about 20 of the Sports Smoke TSG at two different games in two different weather conditions and overall I am impressed with the ease of use and quality of the product.

The specs on these smokes:

- Cold Burning so is safe to use on most fields

-a 75 second burn time

-10,000 cft of smoke

-pull-ring activation

- 2.5" long x 1.5" wide

It is easy to pack 6 of these into a canteen/dump pouch and they light quickly (2-3 seconds). Cost for these will be in the $7-$9 range, but the best place I have found to get them are at http://www.tacticalvirtue.com. If you have them shipped, there will be a HazMat charge of $30. So order a large quantity save in shipping fees.

Performance of the smokes seem to work best in a light wind (3-10 mph) with high humidity. Hang time for the smoke is several minutes and they produce a solid cloud that you can not see through. I used 3 of these at one time at Wounded Warrior and covered the field from south of the fort to the cemetery. People in the cemetery thought the fog was coming in off the lake. I was able to create a zero visibility "cloud" that allowed a large group to move up on the fort and attach. The enemy at the fort were just blind firing and had no clue what was going on in the smoke. The conditions were ideal for the smoke with high humidity, cool temps, wind around 5mph and a haze due to light fog.

The second chance to use the smoke was in thick woods. One TSG was deployed to cover our flank from enemy fire as we moved forward. Then a second TSG was used to obscure the view of the enemy as we were extracting a down pilot. There was a light breeze 1-3 mph in the woods with high humidity and temps in the 80's. The smoke worked well and provided great cover in both actions. 15 minutes after the pilot was extracted, smoke could be seen drifting out of the woods. It gave the woods a very erie look like a light fog was coming out of the woods.

The TSG smokes would not work well in high winds or large open areas that a thick smoke was needed. They do work great for small smoke needs and in confined spaces like thick woods and building and light wind/high humidity conditions. Smoke is a great advantage when used correctly to conceal your movements or to work as a distraction when attacking. Anyone that is serious about playing mil-sim airsoft should include some Sports Smoke in their kit.

Hope this helps. Here is a video of the sport smoke in action.

http://youtu.be/9g13dv8b1T4

Rabbitdave