Avoid 6MM Airsoft

Hanback

Typically this would warrant something in the AAR section, but with the sheer magnitude of serious failures, I post this as a warning where everyone can easily see it.

This weekend was OP Wolf's Den at the Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary in Petros TN put on by 6MM airsoft. I am not entirely sure of the origins of 6MM airsoft but to my knowledge, they have been around the block a time or two and I have been to events put on by 6MM which I am unbelievably assuming is this same group. This event was supposed to be their first jump into the stage of national events; large player base, large Milsim, cool AO, etc etc. To sum it into a single sentence; If this was their step into the national scale, it was the equivalent of a toddler showing up at Yankee stadium with a plastic orange whiffle ball bat on game day ready to take the batters box.

I wont even touch on the AO problems and corresponding poor planning for said drawbacks. I will focus on one thing, and one thing only, safety. There wasn't any.

At no point were goggles required, checked, or enforced. At no point was muzzle discipline checked or enforced. At no point were safety areas defined, checked, or enforced. At no point was chrono checked or enforced. I could go on and on. Instead, I will list a few examples.

- The chrono regs put forth had incorrect conversion from FPS to Joules

- The chrono regs were not actually followed at chrono

- Eye pro was not required at chrono, thus, no one had it on

- The amount of unrated (non-ANZI rated) eye pro was scary

- 75% of people were walking around off field without barrel condoms on their guns

- Of that 75%, 50% still had mags in. Throughout the parking lot, tourist areas, etc, players were walking around with mags in, safety off, no eye pro, and no barrel condoms.

- Did I mention it was a tourist area? Tourists were wandering around the ENTIRE FACILITY (parking lots, gift shop, restaurant, AND playing field) and DURING gunfights without eyepro and with their small children.

- Side-by-sides were ripping up and down the trails throughout the playing area the entire time. Again, with small children on board, with no eye pro, and driving through gunfights.

- Players were actively aiming TAG grenade rounds at opposing players and shooting. I cannot count the amount of times I watched players laid flat by TAG rounds both impacting and exploding on them. One of {BW} teammates took a tag round to the stomach. Thankfully it was a glancing round that continued on before detonating.

- There were no tournament locks on HPA guns.

- Because of the above, there was no restriction to dialing up guns way hot after chrono.

- Due to the above, shatter proof plexiglass of ballistic shields was being shot out, BB's were embedding into peoples skin, and BB's were literally embedding into peoples mags. Don't believe me? Look below.

https://imgur.com/3kgAb0O

https://imgur.com/RYpP8ug

Further failures:

At no point were AO rules/regulations defined or laid out. As problems arose, the EO's attended to them, but then did not share these new rules with other EO's and refs. I had the dual watch of my radio tuned into the command/admin channel to listen in, and from the very start, the failures rolled in one after another. When presented with problems, the EO's would argue amongst each other before one would make a decision without knowledge or consent of the others, which only worsened things. By hour #4 I was standing in the old parking lot in front of the prison just out of range of the opponent, watching the shit show and listening to the EO's over coms. At this point, the coms dissolved into EO's screaming and cursing at one another as yet more leadership (for the second time in 4 hours) quit and walked off the field.

To list all the problems and issues with this game would take days, and I am not kidding. This game was so ridiculously bad that if I were the Brushy Mtn. facility or 6MM airsoft, I would be HIGHLY concerned with impending legal processions due to the outright ignorance of safety.

Seriously, in over a decade I have been to a lot of bad and downright awful events, and they are all heavenly compared to this. It was terrible. I HIGHLY suggest NOT attending ANY 6MM event if you value your life in any way. Utter waste of money.

Also, the OP and 6MM FB pages are pretty fun reads right now.

Edited by Hanback

As someone with no knowledge of this event beyond this post, I appreciate the thorough write up. I'm now off to the meme fest on facebook! 

I was supposed to be at this, but ended up selling my ticket a few weeks ago due to the increasing realization that this wasn't going to go well. Plus, MSW has an event at the Guardian Center this year and i wanted to put the money towards kit for those events.

Sold my ticket for $25 more than i paid 😎 Feel bad for the guy that bought it, though, lol

1 hour ago, Nox said:

I was supposed to be at this, but ended up selling my ticket a few weeks ago due to the increasing realization that this wasn't going to go well. Plus, MSW has an event at the Guardian Center this year and i wanted to put the money towards kit for those events.

Sold my ticket for $25 more than i paid 😎 Feel bad for the guy that bought it, though, lol

#winning

The ONLY highlights were seeing folks I haven't seen in a while and climbing a damn mountain with two unit brothers, almost 700' in elevation, in full kit to then drop in on unsuspecting players below us.

I never fired a single shot. I never got hit once. I actively held back team mates and others from hitting the only two entrances to the facility as I watched people get hurt at said doors.

It was, retarded.

Hands down the worst event I've been to. Other than climbing mountains at the beginning of the day that was fun as hell. The lack of safety was absurd. Nobody knowing what to do. Admins knowing less than the players. Only having 4 admins for 500+ people. The list goes on, 100% will never go anywhere thats being hosted by 6mm airsoft. Absolute cluster fuck. 

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap... Did that gent's cheek get punctured? I couldn't imagine the amount of force needed to puncture a magazine like that!

Thanks for the heads up though.

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 7:28 PM, hrturner said:

Holy crap... Did that gent's cheek get punctured? I couldn't imagine the amount of force needed to puncture a magazine like that!

Thanks for the heads up though.

Yes. The game lasted exactly 58 minutes before the first cease fire for actual real world casualty.  This happen twice more during the day.

There is video footage somewhere of a green guy being shot, calling his hit and sitting, and then being lit up by someone at 40+rps, putting very nearly 100rnds into him alone, all upper torso/head. I watched him have to snort bbs out of his nose after this. He was down and out for the count after this.

I watched parents drop off their 10yo kids to this event, only to pick them up and storm out of there with clearly hurt children just a few hours later.

I saw a guy who got his entire rig blown off his body by a TAG round that exploded on his chest.

I saw ANZI goggles with permanent cracks/fractures in the lenses.

Granted, I also saw people diving onto and laying on pea grenades to absorb the blast. To each their own, but this act in itself made me question the overall IQ of the players present.

This event was plain sad, because I cannot imagine the damage it has done to the sport and the perception of this sport as a whole. Granted, 6MM started it and solely holds blame for letting it get out of control, but they share the blame with the truly worthless individuals that took it to the next level once they knew they could get away with literally anything.

After the event a lot of white knights' came forward in defense of 6MM claiming it was their first time. What these close minded virtue signally narcissist's fail to understand is that an egregious failure of just one small faction in this sport has national repercussions for everyone in the sport. Further, there is no excuse on planet earth for any of the problems listed in this thread, period.