West central indiana indoor arena?

Nmbennett1989

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike, I’ve recently gotten into the airsoft world after a few years of interest. I’m looking around the state to find courses and what I’m finding, particularly in the winter months, it’s incredibly difficult to justify playing outdoors or driving across the state to Ohio to play in one of their indoor arenas for some people. In speaking directly with a few activists in the sport, it’s been clear that the world of airsoft in Indiana may need an indoor arena to hold events that won’t be affected by Mother Nature and is reasonably close for players on the west side of the state to engage in. 

im reaching out now to you, as a prominent source of professional and amateur players, to aid in moving forward with this plan and see what/who/how this may come to fruition. 
1) I’d like to know who all in the area would be interested in an indoor arena around terre haute.

2)if there are any course owners that would reciprocate promoting such a course and if they have any input for me to work with in making this happen

3)if there any sanctions that can bring me an order of operations of their events and frequency of said events so if/when this course comes to life, what it would take to become a field/arena that could house these events. 

any information is useful, the goal is to determine what is practical as far as numbers coming in and their frequency to develop a fun new environment that can house events for all levels of play and be self sustaining in the end. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

Thank you for your time! 

Mike Bennett 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there and welcome. We’ve had many indoor Airsoft arenas come and go over the years. There are even a couple that I know of that are currently “in the works” in various parts of Indiana. The truth is that it’s way more difficult and expensive to open and operate something like that than most people realize. I’m not trying to be a downer here but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for an indoor place to play even as much as we would all love for it to happen. 

~Joker