Hello from Fort Wayne!

Crown

Hi everyone, my name is Nick, callsign is Crown. I feel like I'm introducing myself to the class on the first day of school. I'm pretty new to Airsoft, played a bit back in the day with some friends but never had any of my own equipment. I'm from Pennsylvania, moved to Fort Wayne about two years ago. My background is music, love being outdoors though. Biking, hiking, disc golf, and I've always wanted to get into airsoft. Looking to make some new friends and enjoy a new hobby. I'm planning on coming out for Noob day whenever the Rona restrictions end. If anyone has some good recommendations for waterproof boots that don't cost me an arm and a leg I'd greatly appreciate it. I haven't been able to find much of footwear in the forums. Definitley excited to start learning and have some fun! 

Welcome aboard.  For boots, my suggestion is to hit an army surplus store if can and grab some old issued boots.  I've yet to need anything fancier than that, and the price is right for someone starting out.  Looking forward to the end of this pandemic to get back out myself. 

On 5/7/2020 at 9:04 AM, Bear said:

Welcome aboard.  For boots, my suggestion is to hit an army surplus store if can and grab some old issued boots.  I've yet to need anything fancier than that, and the price is right for someone starting out.  Looking forward to the end of this pandemic to get back out myself. 

Thanks! I'm going to be hitting up some surplus stores as places start to open back up again. Tried looking around online but I cant get myself to buy a pair of boots without trying them on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 12:31 PM, Crown said:

Thanks! I'm going to be hitting up some surplus stores as places start to open back up again. Tried looking around online but I cant get myself to buy a pair of boots without trying them on.

I’m the same way. I have only ever bought one pair of boots online without trying them on and it scared me to death. Turned out to be one of the best decisions I’d made in regards to footwear. I bought some 5.11 boots, a bit pricy but well worth it to me. 

Welcome to the madhouse. 

~Joker 

• 2 months later...

Wooooo! Im also in the Fort! Perhaps we'll play at the Plex sometime. I only got out once last year to play :/--3rd shift job and crappy sleep schedule lol.

Edited by C.Urchin