Motor Screech Problem

Alfie

Hi so I've also been having problems with my motor. No matter how much I adjust the motor height both ways it always seems to be screeching or whining more than usual so I opened it all up and had a look at the motor. Now is it likely that this spring has jumped out of alignment  as it looks like it sits to high out of its casing or is it most likely something else. Thanks in advance 

Edited by Alfie

Split this into a new topic as it's not really related to the M14 one.

First, which spring are you referring to? There's quite a few in the gearbox

A number of things can cause motor screeching. Including but not limited to:

• Motor height not correctly adjusted
  • Motor angle not perpendicular with the gearbox
  • Pinion gear on the motor not meshing properly with the bevel gear due to the angle the gear's teeth are cut
  • Gears not properly shimmed

So motor height can be ruled out, have you shimmed the gun?

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance you can get images posted of the gearbox? Really hard to troubleshoot from such a brief description.

• 4 weeks later...

If this is from 2020, I'm a little stupid forgive me, I'm having a similar issue with my M60. Stripped the gun but the gearbox is riveted so I can't find the exact issue. Anyone know who I can turn to for a professional evaluation on it? A buddy of mine told me it sounded like a stripped piston, but again I can't get the gearbox open.

It's an A&K M60E4 from like... 2013 I think. It's always had issues. We stripped the piston on Sunday when I took to CSA for my friend to give it a look. It fired to my surprise then started screeching like my third grade teacher's 108 year old demon nails on the even older school chalkboard.

Any help is appreciated. If this doesn't belong here, let me know.

Riveted gearbox?? Had an A&K years ago and the GB was able to be disassembled. Can you put photos of your issue fang?