Sign in to follow this  
300BLK

NOOB LOOKING FOR ADVICE

300BLK

So I will be turning 40 in December and I have always enjoyed paintball and real weapons. I have a suppressed .300 Black Out, A Lever Action 30-30, Remington R1 1911 .45 and have owned and shot all kinds of weapons. mp7's, mp5's, m16 A1, G36 & SCARs.

That said, I have no Airsoft guns and have been interested in taking it up.  And need advice on which setup might be best. I like sniping, but also like moving and of course a handgun. Maybe a semi-auto long distance setup that can be used while moving quickly is what I am looking for.

I know nothing about Spring vs. Air vs. Electric etc. so I need some good advice on a selection that won't quite break the bank but is a good viable option that can holds its own and could possibly be upgraded in the future. I want to start shopping online and even here for  a good setup but before I do that, I need to know what to look for.  Can I get some good advice?  I plan on playing outside 90% of the time if not more. If that helps. I want accuracy over looks.

Name is Ryan and Live in NE Indiana West of Ft. Wayne. Thanks in Advance

Edited by 300BLK

Rattler

Sounds like you want a DMR. Tbh everyone starts airsoft cause the videos and want to be a sniper. There are a few things to consider, what are the 2 fields you’ll be playing at most of the time? And definitely rent a gun if you can before spending the MINIMUM of $150 on a gun (go $350 buy once cry once) to see if you like the sport and what your play style is. What are their minimum engagement distances (MEDs), most important is the field (is it open or CQC? Do you even need a scope?), field gun power requirements, game mode, etc. 

Spring is the best for conventional bolt sniping, powerful and the most quiet. 

Air aka CO2 or Green Gas, I’m not an expert so idk maybe. Mostly for pistols.

Electric, or AEG is what I use, a good ole M4. The most popular of airsoft guns, usually for rifles, subs, and DMRs. But always fairly loud, and mostly unable to silence. 

And really, in airsoft you don’t really need a gun “setup”. Pick a gun, and you’re done. I find $200 scopes, lasers, flashlights, bipods to be largely impractical. Between running, face and eye protection, adrenaline, and target distance, you don’t really need to or will, hard aim. Most of my kills are within pistol range.

My opinions are mostly based on MY fields, if your field is big and with good long lines of sight, go full on sniper. If your moving around, your prolly advancing, enemies are also, don’t get out gunned, go full auto. But of course there are times you’ll need either speed or range. But remember everyone else is going to be running or behind cover, so you’ll have to get a flank most of the time or face losing wackamole. So do you even need the range of a sniper?

But again, this all depends on the fields you’ll be at and your style, that’s the biggest factor. Airsoft is expensive, between gear and guns it’s easy to spend $1000. Sniping is the most expensive class to play. 

I can elaborate more if need be but otherwise, 

Welcome to airsoft soldier,

Rattler out.  

Nox

Hit up a game or two and ask people if you can try out one of their guns. Sounds like you are very used to real firearms so an AEG might be really awkward for you to shoot as there is no recoil, but it also might not be an issue. Definitely do what you can to best figure out what kind of airsoft gun you want before purchasing so that you don't buy one, pick it up after it ships to you, then realize it's not something you want to use lol