NEW To The Forum

Ramhart

Hey, names Scott, some say I’m new to the Airsoft Sport. I played in the backyard with my boys back in 2007-2009 wasn’t aware of it being a sport then. I also played what we called BB gun wars as a kid...cops had a field day with us!

Anyways, in February I decided to open up Tactical LaserTag in my area (Bedford, IN). After months of getting Airsoft requests I decided to venture back into the sport. I’ve watched it over the years but never really had the time or money to jump into it again till this year. Now, when I get into something I dive all into it...so we switched directions from Tactical LaserTag to Airsoft...people really aren’t into outdoor LaserTag apparently. 

I’ve caught some flak because I’m “new” to what everyone else apparently isn’t new to. Again in 07-09 I never knew Airsoft was huge. I knew about paintball but all I knew about Airsoft was Dicks Sporting goods. So I’ve caught flak cause I’m turning my field from LaserTag to an Airsoft field...plus I’m opening as a retailer for Airsofters. 

Do I claim to know everything...No! But I’m learning and some...well 1 guy would or has called me a couchsofter I think was he verbiage. But I’m here with no plans on leaving! Yes I have gear...a lot of gear as a retailer but no I’ve not had the opportunity yet to hit fields and sling BB’s with everyone else. I have checked out some fields here in Indiana as well as some on the East Coast. So...school me...criticize me if you must...educate me if you will...I welcome it! But, don’t brow beat me...I’m not here to screw up the community I’m here to add a new field and a retail location for everyone to utilize...and sling some BB’s on other fields, get shot and most importantly to make friends!

Im that guy and welcome to the forums....   Glad you finally found it..      here is a link explaining the verbiage     https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chairsofter .  But glad you found your way here with some help of course.   Lots to learn here.   Forums are not as active as the social meda place.  But there is years of good information at your finger tips here.   As well as some history to learn.   Feel free to read learn and ask.. we are a helpful bunch of grouchy old guys when we want to be. 

Welcome and yea the sport has been around a LONG time but wouldn't really say it's largely popular in Indiana. There's a lot of backyard stuff and some organized stuff every now and then. Back in the time frame you're talking about playing was arguably the beginning of the most active time in Indiana though!

Regardless, welcome! Anything you can post about your field? Photos or similar?

I enjoy laser tag. Matter of fact both of my kids birthdays have happened at a laser tag place this year. Way way back in the day when it would get really cold IMPACT would go play laser tag as a team practice instead of attempting to play Airsoft in the freezing cold. We had fun. 

Welcome to the madhouse.