TH M240B Top Cover

Hanback

RANDOM REQUEST TIME!!!!

BuW2Asf.jpg

cultIgO.jpg

I have a Trigger Happy M240B here with no top cover. Does anyone have any idea where I could find one? I don't expect anyone to have one....without the rest of the gun attached that is....but where to locate a replacement one? Would an iknoksu cover fit? How about real steel? Literally any input is appreciated. This is a total crap shoot.

So I'm so incredibly jealous right now that it's not even funny.... That one looks like it's seen a dremel or two sadly??

No experience at all but for super odd parts like this I usually have the best luck when trying the overseas vendors. Back in the day it used to be dentrinity, RWA, and the such but no idea who is the go to these days.

• Upvote 1

No dremel work on this girl thankfully, only 1M+ rounds and 10+years of heavy use and abuse between technicals, emplacements, and just plain humping. Original owner has retired her and moved on and I couldn't let it leave the unit, so here I sit with it. But, she needs A LOT of TLC which I have mostly completed now, just missing a receiver cover.....which is not an easy replacement.

She will go under the knife and get the barrel shortened to the gas tube end, a retracting stock installed (like a 249 para) and then completed with a conversion to a Golf variant for weight savings. If you want the Bravo variant parts (heat shield and lower handguard with rails) i can hold onto them for you. Feel free to let me know. Did you ever manage to track down a TH or Iknoksu for yourself? I remember you looking for one.

Since it is a TH, real steel should fit with minimal to no modification. A new 240 top cover from FN costs $1400+ so forget that. I checked gun broker and can get a stripped 240/SA58 top cover for $125-200, but it's stripped. I'd then have to source the retention pins on the rear, optic rail, and other assorted parts.

Hell a damn pistol grip body pin costs $50-70 from FN. Pretty sure I could mine the material, smelt the ore, and cast my own damn body pins for less. But, I digress.

• 2 months later...