So You Wanna Be A Airsoft Sniper.

Crimson

Since I don't think I ever posted this here......

Crimson PSA on I wanna be a Sniper.

Q; I want to out range AEG;s what do you buy
A: You don't.. you build and tune. other then some really rare and 2000.00 plus custom made guns.. you cant buy a ready to go sniper. No not even from the cool youtube dude.

Q: I have 200.00 and wanna be a sniper what should I buy. 
A: Stocks .. because to be effective you need 3 times that. Just the nature of the role.

Q: How do I learn to be a Sniper. 

A: Sniper is a Role, A mindset not a weapon. Take your aeg put it in semi auto and play a few games. taking one single shot when the enemy is in range. because as said above unless you can build tune and afford a proper rifle that's the range you will be getting.

Q: What should my first piece of gear be.. A rifle or a ghilli
A: Neither. Buy a good Radio and headset. Your first job is Recon. Telling the guys with the heavy firepower where the enemy is. Then if you get the opportunity taking a shot at high priority targets. To help the team.. no to rack up kills. You are a support role.

Q: But Noverich said......
A: Play more youtube less........

Q; So crimson why are you a sniper if its so hard. 
A: Because first and for most I played other roles for years first.. I learned the ins and outs of the game I learned and enjoy building all types of Airsoft guns. Because to be effective as a sniper you have to know your prey as well as your own limitations.

Q: So how do I start. I saved up some money and I wanna join the cool kids club. 
A: Pick up a Jg Bar 10.. or a L96. Don't fall for all these shoots 550 out of the box built for you.. Trust me they don't and if they do they don't for long. Learn to play with it bone stock and upgrade.. but dont go buy a big spring and think its going to make you a super sniper.. build for reliability first. Trigger group and piston first. before you up your Joules. Good BB's are a must. The range comes from hop up and bucking combo, not fps. Joules is how you get your hits called at 300ft.

This is the very basics here. Feel free to ask me questions im always willing to help. Sniping is not for everyone. And no one should play the role in there first year or airsoft. I have seen so many people leave the game because the spent a lot of hard-earned money to realize its not what they think its going to be. Many games I may only go though 1 mag total. Because my job is to win for my Team.., not myself.

Good job Crimson,  later I may post my sniper article I think supports yours.  I like how yours is short and sweet.  Yeah guys don't jump on sniper you may quit the game totally.  Also all snipers are just platforms.  You buy, upgrade, and learn to master your gun.  Why do I play even though I'm still pretty new at airsoft.  Well I'm old and out of shape,cant run very fast and I find hunting and cutting off players a lot of fun versus the fast pace roles.  Sniper is a challenge and slower pace.  All the guys in my group have tried playing the sniper role and find the AEG's more enjoyable.  Honestly if you are dead set on sniper look at DMR's its best of both worlds and a lot cheaper.  That is what I intend of purchasing next for myself.

I like the write up, like Whitedog said, it's simple and concise. I see you recommend upgrading the trigger group and piston first for reliability, however I feel that upgrading hopup and barrel first would be more beneficial as stock snipers aren't that stressed internally and having more consistent shots would help to train making your first shot really count. Since i'm an AEG guy and have never actually built a BASR, is there something i'm overlooking?

You should also touch on optics, what is worth using, what is a waste, how to properly dial them in, etc

Great Idea's Nox..    At some point I really need to type up a proper how to and step by step..   You are correct on hopup being the best and easiest upgrade..  But picking the right bucking on a higher fps build you need something harder..  and the hardest part of sniping at any range is not as much hitting them.. its hitting them in a way the hit will be called.     Even the most honest player wont feel a 400fps hit at 300 yards unless you actually see the bb Hit you..  

Very nice write up.

Maybe we need to host another SAT event for snipers, if there’s enough interest in something like that again.

~Joker