Spec Ops Repair

Crimson

Ok if anyone is interested figured I would share here..   I'm doing the tech work for Spec Ops group in martinsville...   Usually only 1 day a week but you can drop stuff off any time they are open.. come see me if you need help or things fixed or upgraded.  

Since you will be devoting your time to working on guns there, will you pay me to tech your guns?

Help a struggling college student plz

Lol.. well I actually took a few of mine there so I would have time to work on them myself..   Original plan was for me to fix some guns for them  Rental fleet stuff...   But since I didnt even fix my own stuff at home I figured doing it there would be better.   Not to bad a deal.. Get to use the years of fixing stuff I have learned playing.. Hang out with airsofters.. and turn some wrenches.   All in all makes for a good 1 day a week or so for me.   Just figured while im there keeping up on rental gear.. Let me tell you that could be a full time job.. Kids are hard on AEG's.      May as well fix stuff for others while im at it.      Not may techs left around it seems.    Lol.  Most of the stuff i have seen could have been avoided with a basic course on how to solder.   

• 2 weeks later...

Kids are VERY hard on guns lol. I think the biggest issue is that there isn't much education on identifying when a gun has an issue and taking the appropriate steps to either fix it or prevent it from worsening.

Example: Gun locks up on semi. Someone who has not experienced this might continue to just spam the trigger hoping it will work again, which can overheat the electrical system. Solution: 95% of the time you can just flip that boi to full auto, do a quick burst to reset the cutoff lever, and everything is good to go.

This is something that you could start doing when in the shop (and probably already do haha) and definitely a fantastic idea for a forum thread

Stuff I am working on.. actually planning to have a sort of event this summer at some point.. Just give a bit of a lecture on maintenance and repair.    Share the knowledge a little bit.    Not many people understand anything about the guns these days it seems..   Need to get back to having chill and grill and repair day events again.