We M4-Sol And Fps/energy Rules

HelsinkiTorpedo

I've got a WE M4-SOL on the way, and the stat block on Evike claims 400-450 FPS with .20g ammunition. Now, I've been out of the sport for a while, but I know 400fps used to be the cap on select-fire at many events. In my research, I'm now seeing Joule limits as well.

I obviously wanna stay within the limits of safety and regulations. I've got an RA-Tech NPAS on the way to hopefully adjust my velocity. My big question: is this an acceptable method of reducing my velocity? Without the gun and parts in hand, I'm not sure how easy (if at all) it can be adjusted without disassembly.

I'm also planning on running mostly propane, because I'm awful cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had about 4 or 5 of these. Npas is the way to go, but will make your loading nozzle and little more fragile. Gas mags have gotten better in design, but semi is the way to go when using them. They also have a few advances in tbb, and hop up buck8ng and nubs that give you some real distance and accuracy now. When you have the cash you can run the RATECH aluminum bolt, but it’s expensive. You will also want to run a lighter buffer with that bolt to help with your gas consumption.

Lighter buffer, or lighter buffer spring? I'm not sure how much lighter the buffer could go, it already feels pretty light. I haven't installed the NPAS yet, I was hoping to chrono it before and then after, but I suppose the NPAS is adjustable? Eventually I plan on upgrading the bolt, but I'm not so sure I'm thrilled about the HK416. I'm almost wishing that I would have just grabbed an M4 instead, so I don't know how much money I'd wanna dump into the 416.

They may have made adjustments to the system since I stopped running one 2 years ago. So if the buffer feels light, then its probably an upgrade. The old ones were a little heavy. I have a spare nozzle at the house if you want it. I assume you’re still in whiteland? The NPAS is adjustable, just a pain to do.

As for guns. There isnt any difference internally to the M4 over the 416. They are exactly the same. It’s literally just a body preference. The nice thing about the 416 is that you can do a long or short outer barrel. The inner barrel is designed for the short configuration, and it does make it nice when you add a suppressor. No matter how hard you try, and foam filled suppressor will not quiet down a GBBR. Tried, and nothing helped. The other person to contact about GBBR’s is whiplash. I’m pretty sure he still has him M4 DMR, and it was bad ass. He could reach out and touch you from about 230 feet easily. Hell, it might even be for sale.

I'm in Attica, I've never lived in Whiteland. You may be thinking of someone else, lol. How much would you want for the spare nozzle?

Yeah, I mean that I'm regretting the aesthetics of the 416, but I've found M4 uppers for sale on at least one website, so I may just grab an M4 upper to through on there. I want to build a wasteland rifle to match my real steel wasteland AR, and that'll just be easier to do with the M4 instead of the 416.

As for the noise, it seems like most of the noise is coming from the action anyway. I'm not too concerned about it. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I wanted a GBBR. I didn't wanna listen to a sewing machine, lol.

I'm in Attica, I've never lived in Whiteland. You may be thinking of someone else, lol. How much would you want for the spare nozzle?

For sure thinking of another person then.

Yeah, I mean that I'm regretting the aesthetics of the 416, but I've found M4 uppers for sale on at least one website, so I may just grab an M4 upper to through on there. I want to build a wasteland rifle to match my real steel wasteland AR, and that'll just be easier to do with the M4 instead of the 416.

As for the noise, it seems like most of the noise is coming from the action anyway. I'm not too concerned about it. Honestly, it's one of the reasons I wanted a GBBR. I didn't wanna listen to a sewing machine, lol.

Have you heard about our lord and savior “HPA”? Lol. No sewing machine noise, can be fully suppressed, and little to no maintanance for a year at a time. Also, before anyone says, “but you have a tank and hose”, I’ve been running without a tank and hose for 3 years on co2 capsules, so your argument is invalid.

Have you heard about our lord and savior “HPA”? Lol. No sewing machine noise, can be fully suppressed, and little to no maintanance for a year at a time. Also, before anyone says, “but you have a tank and hose”, I’ve been running without a tank and hose for 3 years on co2 capsules, so your argument is invalid.

And now with the MTW you can get all of that.. out of the box with little to no tuning..   Yes im still a Wolverine Fanboy...  But I want one.    But ill stick with my Bolt guns.  

How much would it cost to get up and running with an HPA gun using 12g CO2 cartridges? I have a car I'm trying to sell. I really like the Wolverine MTW, but that would put me at $825 before tax and shipping, lol.

If you already have a loaner body, you’re probably looking at 5-600. However, it’s a 1 time investment and its adaptable to all play styles wether that be field, cqb , or playing long range DMR style. It’s not for everyone, because most people don’t want to shell out the cash, but those of us who have are very happy.

Edited by Echo

I don't, unless I can mod my 416. Still, I'm not real keen on dropping $500-$600 dollars on an airsoft gun at the moment. I'll be better served grabbing a few more mags for the 416 and getting out to some games, I think. So far it's been too chilly to really get out an test the gun, I can get through about half a mag before I need to refill on gas. Of course, could be something I'm doing wrong when I fill it though.

Temps below 60-55 degrees are not ideal for that gun. You can run co2 mags, but you need to have upgraded internals and co2 still has a huge cool down cycle. Makes sure if you are using propane you are adding oil to the mag about every 3 mags. You have to keep the o rings internally lubed up. When you fill the mag, make sure you are holding the nozzle on until it stops making the “filling” noise, and then another 5 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Echo. I figured the temps were probably the issue. I'll work with it more once it's reliably warm out. I grabbed a back-up electric for now, and my old Echo 1 MP5 may still be serviceable. After 10 years, it still had a BB in the hop-up. Thank goodness for good handling practices, I didn't shoot my wife with a BB when I plugged a battery into the other night, lol.

Let me know if you want the nozzle. It has a npas in it, but I don’t have the adjustment tool. I might be able to find one in box of spare parts though. Just PM me.