Formerly Bear, Now Helsinki Torpedo

HelsinkiTorpedo

Hey Airsoft Indiana! I've been out of the sport and the community for about a decade. Some of the older members may remember me, back in high school I went by the callsign "Bear" and played with the Tristar Rebellion. Together, we attended the first 3 Stillwater games, as well as a handful of games around the Lafayette area.

Life hit after I graduated, and my interest in airsoft had waned. Recently, I've found that some of the guys I work with play, and it reminded me of the fun that this game can bring. That, and the advances in GBB rifles have really piqued my interest.

I've still got an old Echo 1 MP5 laying around somewhere, and I've got a WE HK416 (yeah, I know, "M4-SOL") on the way from Evike. I can't promise I'll be at many events, what with being a dad and having a full-time job, as well as having other hobbies (though I'm sure plenty of you folks check all those boxes too), but I would really like to get back in the swing of things.

My new callsign is Helsinki Torpedo. I look forward to catching back up on the knowledge I once had, and I'm excited to be dipping my toes back into the ocean of airsoft.

Edited by HelsinkiTorpedo

Welcome back man!

There's a lot of new advances in the hobby that i think you will come to both enjoy and despise

Welcome back man!

There's a lot of new advances in the hobby that i think you will come to both enjoy and despise

Thanks! I'm already a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff that's out there! However, I've liked most of the new stuff I'm learning about though. Oftentimes I'm finding that researching one question just leaves me with more questions, lol.

Welcome back to the fold! Airsoft has certainly made major advances since you were last into the sport! We've got a few guys here that are whizzes with GBB, but they are an expensive platform to get into for sure.

Welcome back to the fold! Airsoft has certainly made major advances since you were last into the sport! We've got a few guys here that are whizzes with GBB, but they are an expensive platform to get into for sure.

Thanks! I knew ahead of time that gas would be a bit more costly in both effort and money, but I'm really into the realism of it with recoil and such. I even briefly thought about the Wolverine MTW, but I just can't justify an airsoft gun that costs more than 2 of the 3 ARs that I've built.

If I win the lottery though...

Yeah I’m still here haha. I loved the Tristar Rebellion guys! And the Stillwater events bring back some good memories. I’m glad you are getting back into things around here. I hope to run into you at an event.

~Joker

I was lucky to have such a fun group of guys to play with. So far as I know, they've all moved on from the sport, which is a bummer.

Once I finish getting my equipment sorted out, I'll definitely be looking to get to at least one good event this summer. I'm also trying to cook up some ideas for events, but those will probably be a good bit away. I'd like to get re-aquainted with the game first, lol.

I'm glad to see you're still playing, Joker.

Lol, my new callsign is a long story, but I suppose I'm lucky I got it, since someone else has "Bear" now! And thanks for the welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

One Bear to another, I wouldn't care if you still went by it. My attendance is hit or miss these days due to work and my other hobby. I'm rather distinctive on the field, so I doubt anyone would confuse us.

Welcome Back.

I appreciate that, Bear, but I've changed a lot since I last played. I like my new callsign, and it's been my only username for quite a while now. It seems fitting that, since I'm making a fresh start I should use a new callsign. Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, well. Six syllables in a name is a mouth full of marbles. xD

Welcome back to the fold. May you shoot all the things.

You're welcome to call me Helsinki, most folks do when they're addressing me by it. Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping to at least shoot many of the things