Community Meeting?

Red 2

Monitoring this for developments and hope to make it. Maybe I can bring some beer from the brewery I work at for the 21+ folks. 

Regarding the fee for selling, I'd say if it hasn't raised any money in awhile, then its not really doing any good at this point and therefore is only causing us to miss out on potential traffic. If the scams and such start going rampant, then we can re-instate the fee to list or something. I do agree that $5 to list things to sell isn't asking too much, but I guess people are stingy or don't feel like they should have to contribute. w.e. Leave the $5 to sell up as "strongly encouraged" optional or something. Just my thoughts on it. 

There are better ways to raise money for the site than charging people to sell their stuff. Yeah $5 is nothing really but most people simply don't like the idea of paying to sell especially if they're getting out of airsoft or only selling one thing.

I think mid-summer would be a good time for a tech day. Games thin out a bit as it gets too hot so that would be the perfect time to host a low-energy event

Rhino has offered up Spec Ops as a place to meet if you all want.  Got some nice seating inside.. little area with some couches.    There is a beef Cakes burgers withing 2 minutes walking distance that's some pretty good food..  im im pretty sure I could talk him into some discounted pew pew after if anyone wanted to get a game or 4 in..   He has had a pretty packed house most weekends I have been there.    Indoor.   Local field.   And really the only Local to indiana commercial indoor we have.  Be a good place to meet and show support for a good field.  

Sorry for the delay, been out of the country for the past two weeks...

Some think AI is trying to “control” all of airsoft in Indiana or that it’s our way or the highway. When that is in fact not the case. We just want to bring everyone together under one banner to have a good time and pool our vast resources to help do just that. Yes we have rules, mostly all related to typical website stuff and just generally being decent people.

~Joker

See I still don't get how anyone ever thought that.... Literally the founding of AI was based on the premise that the FIELD OWNERS dictated what happened on their property not a forum/community. AI never wanted to "rule them all". Now yes we do have forum etiquette rules but as long as those were followed, I don't recall anyone ever being beaten with a stick?

Monitoring this for developments and hope to make it. Maybe I can bring some beer from the brewery I work at for the 21+ folks. 

Regarding the fee for selling, I'd say if it hasn't raised any money in awhile, then its not really doing any good at this point and therefore is only causing us to miss out on potential traffic. If the scams and such start going rampant, then we can re-instate the fee to list or something. I do agree that $5 to list things to sell isn't asking too much, but I guess people are stingy or don't feel like they should have to contribute. w.e. Leave the $5 to sell up as "strongly encouraged" optional or something. Just my thoughts on it. 

The forum has never made money through anything (donations, seller fees, etc). I've floated the bills for ~8 years. The donations/seller fees have helped though. The forum isn't hugely expensive to maintain but it's not chum change either. I can get exact numbers if really needed but ballpark is about 300 a year (software maintenance, hosting fees, and domain registration).

There are better ways to raise money for the site than charging people to sell their stuff. Yeah $5 is nothing really but most people simply don't like the idea of paying to sell especially if they're getting out of airsoft or only selling one thing.

I'm all ears man! Seller fees haven't provided anything to the forum in about a year.... Image hosting for sale threads is expensive in both bandwidth and storage space add in that people will hotlink to this site as well and now we've really got a potential issue with resource utilization.

As for dates, traditionally we've always done something in April but if that's no bueno, we could aim for May? I'd be happy to track down a place, get a room reserved, and get an official thread going.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell lets get this thing rolling..    Yes Crimsons on a mission...   l    So first call of action.   Roll Call on who wants to attend..       Second  a date.   I'm gonna cast my vote for old school style..    May 11th I do believe is going to Be impacts Newb day.   Meeting before or after the game seem like a good idea..  We have done this in the past and it worked.     I would like to get all of the Indiana groups and guys together for this so we can all do what we do best bicker.. and shoot newbs.   

Now that we've come full circle and are back on topic...

May 11 after the game sounds as good a time as any.

Edited crap.

Edited by Red 2

If you shove it out a little further than May 11th, you might have a better chance of getting some of the northern guys there. We are hitting mutual combat for a game at the end of April, and then to turn around and come back in 2 weeks might not be feasible. We have pandora at the beginning of June up north, so maybe sometime before that if possible, or maybe the end of June if there isnt any major events going on?

I can try to make it to a community meeting after May. Should give me enough time to plan around it. My attendance may depend on whether or not I have my stepdaughter that weekend, because I don't really wanna give up time with her. I have a definite interest in getting back into the community though!

There still doesn't appear to be anything about the game on the 11th....

Why don't we just plan to do what we've always done and have a dedicated day and central meeting place for the meeting? Like say the 25th of May at a pizza place?

• 1 month later...

Why don't we just plan to do what we've always done and have a dedicated day and central meeting place for the meeting? Like say the 25th of May at a pizza place?

Not that it would affect literally anyone else, but given the crap shoot mother nature is this spring, I may still be out on tractor that late in May. But, if it works for others, go for it.

I still like the idea of a tech day on my end, but im open to anything. Hell I'll even host in coming years if need be, but my new shop and barn are nowhere near ready for anything this summer.

Not that it would affect literally anyone else, but given the crap shoot mother nature is this spring, I may still be out on tractor that late in May. But, if it works for others, go for it.

I still like the idea of a tech day on my end, but im open to anything. Hell I'll even host in coming years if need be, but my new shop and barn are nowhere near ready for anything this summer.

Sounds like you need some cheap labor from a bunch of folks who need a place to play some more pew pew?? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 8:40 PM, hrturner said:

Sounds like you need some cheap labor from a bunch of folks who need a place to play some more pew pew?? :lol:

I mean....if people want to play aorsoft in the cornfields around the house im sure we can reinact some childern of the corn style scenes.

I'll never say no to cheap labor, but this summer is shot. Got barns to get overhauled and prepped for a wedding. Im pretty far north, but happy to host non-game things for AI in the future. Ill have the full shop here too with machining capabilities for techwork. Should have that done this coming winter.

• Like 1