Joker's Circus Airsoft Field Update

Joker

I have been super busy as of late. I have been working a lot, even weekends. The kids keep busy with school and sports. And I'm currently dealing with some personal issues. So I haven't had a lot of time to host or even play airsoft. But there is a little more to the story than that.

For those unaware the elderly woman who lived next to Joker's Circus sold her house. The new neighbors seemed fine and we hadn't had any issues with them for a short time. Then earlier this year while I was hosting IMPACT's annual Noob Day event we had an issue. A rather large one at that. Someone who was not a regular (unclear if they had played before) was brought as a guest of someone who is a regular. That individual decided to go into the woods and towards the neighbors home while I was giving the event briefing. He apparently saw the neighbor woman outside and approached her in a very inappropriate fashion. I'm going to leave it at that. The police were called and he was removed from the woods and taken into custody. The event then resumed with no issues. At the time I had talked to the neighbor and seemingly smoothed over the situation and convinced them that this was highly unusual and never has happened before.

Fast forwarding some. An event or two had taken place at the Circus that I was not hosting or in attendance of. I guess some players got a little to close to the neighbors home and were on her property so she came over to voice her concern/complaint. The issue was addressed and fixed. Mind you these were very small attendance games.

Two or three days after one of these events the neighbor decided to file a complaint with the county zoning office claiming I was unlawfully operating a business. About a week later I received a letter stating that I needed to either file for proper permits to essentially change the zoning of the property or stop operating the business. Since I do not have nor operate a business I'm not sure how I can prove that I've stopped doing something I wasn't doing to begin with. They cited FB, YouTube, and a random website as "proof" of a business. I have since then removed the Joker's Circus FB page. An annoyance and slight inconvenience but not the end of the world. Obviously the neighbors are trying to keep me from hosting airsoft events because she doesn't want anyone back there. My best guess is that she thought she would have more privacy when she first bought the property, not knowing we would be back there. I have not spoken to her since receiving the letter and I have not heard back from the zoning office despite multiple attempts to call.

I said all of that to say that I am very hesitant to host an Airsoft event at the Circus. The letter threatened fines and potentially being taken to court. Which if done I'm fairly confident that I can easily prove my case. In any event I need you to understand that the actions of a disturbed individual that I have no control over ultimately screwed me and all of you from potentially playing Airsoft there again in the future.

Now those that know me well enough also know that I enjoy doing things I'm told I shouldn't do. This might potentially make the situation worse, but oh well. So keep an eye out for potential non Airsoft events at the Circus. And who knows maybe an Airsoft event will pop up. All events will of course be FREE because I'm not a business.

~Joker

That is very unfortunate. I definitely feel for the homeowner. Everyone should be able to enjoy their property without worrying about men dressed like soldiers (accidentally) walking through their property. Hopefully this can be resolved without attorneys.

That is very unfortunate. I definitely feel for the homeowner. Everyone should be able to enjoy their property without worrying about men dressed like soldiers (accidentally) walking through their property. Hopefully this can be resolved without attorneys.

I mean, field boundaries should always be on the mind, especially when there's no refs present. :/

Edited by Sturm