G&g Combat Machine 16 Cqb Rifle

Basher

I am looking at getting the G&G CM16 Raider CQB rifle as my first AEG purchase. After reading countless reviews and watching videos online this seems like a great starter gun for someone just getting into the sport. The question I have is on the sling adapter. Out of all the info I’ve read about this gun I can’t find any specifics on the rear sling mount. I want to use this with a single point sling but it appears that the rear mount is fixed specifically for a right handed shooter. Can this adapter be flipped to the other side since I am left handed? If not is this a piece I can swap out for a more suitable sling mount just like you can on a real steel firearm?

Edited by Basher

I'm not sure that it can, if it's made like the real steel versions. The sling ring plate has a piece that fits into an indention in the receiver. It only goes on one way. It should be able to be swapped out either way.

So, actually, you can flip the mount, it just needs modification. As Bear said, there is an indentation that fits into the receiver. As is, you can flip it around and it will still fit on the receiver and that indentation will face outward toward the back of the rifle. The top part of that indentation may need ground down slightly for the buffer tube to properly fit up against the sling plate. So yes, it can be reversed, but you will have to hit it with a grinder for the buffer tube to sit flush with it properly.

Best bet is to just get a new sling plate that has ambidextrous attachments. They can be had for cheap just about anywhere.

So, actually, you can flip the mount, it just needs modification. As Bear said, there is an indentation that fits into the receiver. As is, you can flip it around and it will still fit on the receiver and that indentation will face outward toward the back of the rifle. The top part of that indentation may need ground down slightly for the buffer tube to properly fit up against the sling plate. So yes, it can be reversed, but you will have to hit it with a grinder for the buffer tube to sit flush with it properly.

How dare you contradict me!

How dare you contradict me!

Hahaha, well, anything is possible with tools and an ample amount of force!

In seriousness though, I've modified the sling plates before because:

A) Customer didn't care about looks and just wanted it reversed

B) Customer wanted the gun wired to the rear (battery bag) and receiver/buffer combo prevented wires from being run internally sooooooo out the sling plate we go!

C) Customer didn't have a sling plate, gun needed it, and all I had were "incorrect" sling plates, thus, fire up the grinder / drill press / hammer time

D) I was too cheap to give a darn and just did it on personal rifles because mehhhh

Functionality over form right?

*EDIT* Damn short scripted smile face crap. Supposed to be a B  )

Edited by Hanback

Hahaha, well, anything is possible with tools and an ample amount of force!

For sure, example A: Holland's drunken gunsmith posts :lol:

Edited by Noxtoof

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated. I might try to just rig it up so it’s functional for Noob Day and then replace it down the line.