05May2018 - Impact Noob Day 12

Joker

IMPACT Noob Day 12

quzFLv.jpg

Attention Airsoft noobs! Here is your (or your friends) chance to get out and play! I.M.P.A.C.T. is hosting its annual Noob Day in Bloomington IN at Joker's Circus Airsoft Field. Maybe you are trying to get some friends interested in playing airsoft, then this is your game. JUST REMEMBER YOUR FULL SEAL EYE PROTECTION! Not only will this be a great day for playing Airsoft and trigger time but also learning about Airsoft and players in Airsoft Indiana. Parents are also welcome to learn/observe/play. Please bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.

Typically we host this event more towards March/April but this year we thought we would try hosting it a little later in the year than usual.

DATE: Saturday May 5th 2018

TIME: Gates open at 9:30AM. Games will begin @ 11AM sharp. We will play until at least 5PM or until everyone gets tired of shooting at each other.

COST: $5 per person, to be paid during the registration process on game day. The first 50 players to register and pay will receive a limited edition event patch.

CqrhWD.jpg

And just a friendly warning, I would study the IMPACT Skirmish rules before you arrive because there is a good chance of a quiz! http://airsoftindiana.proboards.com/thread/79/skirmish-rules

This event will be NOT be free. I know traditionally most of our games have been free but not this year. I.M.P.A.C.T. is in need of field improvements. The money will also go towards bringing you better games in the future. As well as the event patch.

We will be doing very simple games such as “Death Matches” , the IMPACT "ticket" game, and possibly “Capture the Flag”. Suggestions on game day are very welcome. Our focus is on teaching new players new things, safety, and of course having fun.

You will need to fill out an I.M.P.A.C.T. Waiver if you don’t already have one on file. If you’re under 18 years of age a parent must sign the waiver also. You can find the waiver here: http://airsoftindiana.proboards22.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=72

*Noobs you will need the following:

-FULL SEAL EYE PROTECTION!

-A full face mask is highly recommended

-Red/White Death Rag

-If possible Airsoft weapons of some kind

-Airsoft bbs of some kind and batteries for your AEG

-If possible Camo of some kind

-Water is a must and food/snacks are highly recommended

-Bug Spray

-Comfortable boots

-A positive attitude and willingness to learn

+Note these are the basics feel free to bring anything else you may want or need to play in all weather conditions. We will play rain or shine.

Please bring your friends that may be interested in playing Airsoft seriously and on a regular basis. We wish that you be at least 10 years of age, although we won’t be asking for you age. If you’re planning on attending please post it here as well as your team’s name if you’re on a team as well as any friends that you might bring.

Camo & Teams:

Wear what ever you would like (NO RED OR WHITE for obvious reasons). If you have camo wear it. If you do not, or you are bringing someone who does not own camo, no problems. If your team or group of friends want to wear matching camo to help you tell who is who, feel free to do so. More then likely we will NOT be using any kind of team identification. Part of airsoft is learning to ID your targets. BUT this year we would like to make the process of splitting into teams a little faster then previous years. So when signing up for this event please tell us what team you wish to be on, Team 1 or Team 2.

IMPACT Noob Day 12 Sponsors:

-Elder BB > www.elderbb.com

-Spec Ops Group Airsoft > www.paintballindianapolis.com

I believe HiFi Resupply will be in attendance and selling items.

*A note to all “veterans” that plan on attending; please bring any extra goggles, weapons, death rags and ammo that you can. It will help make the day go by much better. Thank you.

http://www.freewebs.com/airsoftforbeginners/

[Details subject to change]

Roster: 4 (not counting the + numbers)

Head EO: Joker

EO: Silent Shot

EO: Zigg

TEAM 1: #4

Junker +1

Glavier +2

Bear

HorsePOOGAS

TEAM 2: #4

Falcon +3

Biz

Basher

SolaireFlair +6

~Joker

Edited by Joker

Going, maybe +1. Don't care what team but I'll say 1 for now. I'm fine moving around to balance. I have some extra eye pro too.

Sadly this will be the first newb day that I can think of in many years I will have to miss.    Eminence prom is that day and im there Dj.  I may do my best to make it out to help chrono and get started just to see everyone. 

This of course has been posted on FB so while the official roster may seem slim rest assured we should have a good turnout. That being said if you know someone who plans to attend this get on them to post up here so I can add them to the list.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, got a crew interested in coming. Potentially around 6 or 7 depending on how many commit. I'll have a more accurate number soon hopefully.

Edited by SolaireFlair

Update: Due to being very busy as of late with the kids and work I have not had the time to get event patches made. That being said this will now be a free event.

~Joker

At least two of us will be there, one in green camo, one in tan. Do with us as you wish.

Also: I have a couple of friends who would like to come down from Anderson, but don't have any weapons yet.

They're worried that they'll get here and have to watch as there won't be enough.

Any tips for them?

Edited by Eligos

Hey, for some reason I get an error when I click the link to the IMPACT rules. HTTP Status 404 is what pops up and it says "The requested resource is not available." I've tried accessing it on multiple computers and no dice.

Hey, for some reason I get an error when I click the link to the IMPACT rules. HTTP Status 404 is what pops up and it says "The requested resource is not available." I've tried accessing it on multiple computers and no dice.

I didn't realize it was linked to our old website that has long since died. Re-routed and fixed.

~Joker

I didn't realize it was linked to our old website that has long since died. Re-routed and fixed.

~Joker

Also the waiver URL is out of date, just FYI. But I was able to find it through the updated Field Rules link. Edited by Bix

I hate to do this, but I have to back out. I've got to go help my folks that day.

will also be there +1

Was this event posted on FB btw? If not doing so might bring in some more peeps, just a thought

will also be there +1

Was this event posted on FB btw? If not doing so might bring in some more peeps, just a thought

It is on FB. Says 21 are going according to event page.

Got a final head count. Getting everyone's schedules to align didn't work out, so it's only me +1