Wasteland 2018 7\28- 7\29

Red 2

Wasteland 2018: 2 Day airsoft/larp apocalyptic event! Join us at Sherwood Forest for a 2 Day post Apocalyptic event based on the Fallout Series of video games. A fully immersive experience drops you in character in the game, bartering with and betraying your fellow survivors. Sign up today, if you want to survive the Wasteland!

The Story:

Sometime in the near future, America will go to war. It's not important who we are fighting, or even why, as in the end it will not matter. The United States of America will come under nuclear attack, it will wipe out any official government in place, take down the national power grid, and reduce man to it's most primal instinct, the need to survive. It will be survival of the fittest in America's new world.....

After a long summer journey, our survivors have found safe land to occupy. They have settled in the remains of an old quarry, safe from being irradiated by future fallout. It has become a struggle to survive on a day to day basis. Will there be enough food, water, and most importantly, ammo? You will be separated into groups, or tribes/gangs and your numbers will be limited based on your apparent skill and equipment you choose to carry. Finding and securing food is your ultimate goal, as it can buy you ammo and protection. Food will be turned in at the store, and you will be given "markers" for your items. Those markers will be your currency allowing you to purchase ammo and other services. You will be tasked with finding more food any way you can be it by trade, theft, or force.

ALL AMMO will be provided by MiR Tactical. You will bring CANNED FOOD to the event to trade for ammo (Canned food is donated to a veterans food pantry). You will use ammo to survive against those who want to take all from you. You earn ammo by stealing it, finding it, and "killing"/capturing/turning in other members of tribes and gangs roaming the wasteland. Every player carries a bounty of ammo on them; some players may only have a few rounds, other may carry hundreds.

The Brotherhood controls all of the available spare ammo in the area. You will barter with members of the brotherhood for ammo and supplies, as they run a small outpost inside of the playing area. You can trade at and exchange prisoners for ammo.

Unit 731, not much is known about them at this time.... Some say they are remnants of the old world military, and some say a rogue militia group. All can agree on one thing; those who come across them are almost never seen again. They are known to travel without supplies, living off the land on whatever - or whoever - they catch. Rumors from travelers who have come across their abandoned camps state, "Large bones were found nearby, not from any animal I have seen. The ends had been rounded off, and the bone was pure white as if they were stirred and boiled in a large pot. Tool marks on some of the bones suggest a flaying of the flesh as to prepare it for a meal."

ALL AMMO PROVIDED BY EVENT STAFF, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE YOUR OWN!

Sherwood Paintball Inc.

3497 North US HWY 35

LaPorte, IN 46350

When:

July 28-29, 2018

Price:

$60 per player

2 day registration includes:

Two day pass to the event

Free Limited Edition Patch

Free camping

One raffle ticket (extras can be purchased on the spot)

Use of props - This year we are introducing new interactive props.

Pyrotechnics use

Giveaways

and more

Food will be available at the park for purchase.

Schedule:

Day 1

08:00 – Registration/Chrono

10:00 - Safety Briefing

10:30 – Game Play Starts

19:00 – Dinner Break

Day 2

09:00 - Chrono/New players

10:00 – Game Play Briefing

10:30 – Game Play Starts

14:30 - Final Battle

15:00 - Raffle / Game Over

Teams:

Multiple Squads or "gangs"

Uniforms:

ANYTHING you want, you'll get armbands. BONUS AMMO will be awarded for Fallout Themed uniforms and groups

General Restrictions:

13+

(Under 16 must be accompanied by parent or guardian)

(Under 18 must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian)

All participants required to sign waivers and media release forms.

Full Seal ANSI-rated goggles with straps are required

Full paintball mask for players under 18 years of age. No Exceptions.

Full auto / Rifle class 1.5 Joules w/.32g BB

Semi-auto / DMR Class 1.88 Joules w/.32g BB

Bolt action / Sniper class 2.8 Joules w/.32g BB

Drum and Box mags only allowed on designated weapons

Air operated systems must have a tournament lock

Barrel Covers are required outside of playing area at all times. No Exceptions.

Boffer Weapons

With the limited ammo available, boffer weapons allowed. BUT, they MUST be an end of the world looking boffer weapons, no yellow nerf swords or axes. Think, steampunk style SOFT boffer weapons, make you work a bit for them. Any homemade/modified weapons MUST be approved by MiR Tactical before the event.

Gameplay schedule might change due to extreme weather conditions. Check-in will be available on Friday night to speed things up on the day of the event.

Of course, no event would be great without RAFFLE prizes!!! We will be giving away thousands worth of gifts!!!

* To redeem your ticket please print out the copy of the receipt and present it during check in with a valid ID

** Please fill out MiR Tactical waivers to speed up the check in process at the gates. Mir Tactical waiver will be emailed to you upon registration. Sherwood Forest digital waiver available HERE

*** Item is non-refundable

Strikeball™ is a trademark of MiR Tactical Inc.

http://mirtactical.com/airsoft/wasteland-2018-08-04-18-08-05-18/

My doods. I'm looking at putting a crew together. And I'm aiming to misbehave.

Who's with me?

• 2 weeks later...

Funny question, Ace. You mentioned that you were eaten by cannibals... How does that work with gameplay? Do you just respawn, or is there a penalty? Further, how did medic/respawn work? Just curious...

Medic work was "stimpaks" anyone could revive anyone as long as a 1 time use stimpak was used.

If cannibals "ate" you, you had to go back to respawn. You could not be revived.

Also. Looting other players is entirely allowed. You can only take one item from a player though, be it a stimpak, pack of ammo, or objective item.

Very interested. Depending on the weekend we have my daughter's bday party I might be able to attend.

~Joker

• 3 months later...

I'll be there! Im really excited to go, but this is also my first actual game I'm attending. Other than what's listed above, what all should I bring? I have my rifle, magazines, red flag, goggles/mask, spare batteries. Anything I'm missing?

I'll be there! Im really excited to go, but this is also my first actual game I'm attending. Other than what's listed above, what all should I bring? I have my rifle, magazines, red flag, goggles/mask, spare batteries. Anything I'm missing?

Water....for the love of all things holy, water.  Hydrate before, during and after because you will sweat it off.  Avoid carbonated drinks because they will make things worse.

If you haven't gotten comfortable boots, I suggest getting those as well.

Other than that, you're set.  Enjoy.