Svd

Thumperkiller

I've had one before and never really had an issue with it. It's something great for mid range, the hop up system in it is one of the best I've ever ran, the motor in it is okay but changing it out for a stronger one would be recommended because of the spring tension and with that, definitely run a lipo with it. If you want better performance, I would suggest running it plus it's better power. Personally, it looks best with the PSO optic on it to.

Define "As a DMR" from your first post.

Are you looking mainly for the DMR looks of the gun? If so, its a good gun.

Or you looking at it truly as a DMR: permanent semi-auto, 450 fps, required to run a sidearm? If so, the gun will need a lot of work and much more money to make this, and there are better base platforms from which to start than the Cyma.

These are two very different answers governed by two totally different rule sets. Figure out what you truly want to do with it before making the decision.

Keep in mind, there are no true "DMR's" new out of the box. It may have the looks, but the gun will not perform any better or any different than a new echo1 M4, JG MP5, ICS SIG, etc. 

My SVD is a springer made by A&K and I love it. It's completely stock currently but I will be looking to upgrade it in the near future. I've had it for years and never had an issue. One of these days I will own an AEG SVD.

~Joker