Shorten Up Cyma Ak47

Welder22

We bought a used CYMA AK47 from the classifieds for my son. It's pretty long for him but he wanted it anyway so we got it. Is there anyway to shorten it up with an ak74 type fixed stock I want to keep it looking like an ak model I don't want to "tac" it out with a adjustable or folding stock. I'd also like to shorten up the front end some but don't know how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated thanks for your time.

If you haven't already taking off the orange flash hider will take about an inch off. You could try buying a shorter outer barrel and that might buy you a couple more inches until you hit the handguard. Is it a wooden gun or a "tactical" AK with rails on a metal handguard?

It's not tactical no rails or anything but not wooden furniture its plastic. I'd like to be able to get it to the size of an ak74 so not looking to just take an inch or 2 off. Basically wondering if ak74 stock and front end could be put on it?

It's not tactical no rails or anything but not wooden furniture its plastic. I'd like to be able to get it to the size of an ak74 so not looking to just take an inch or 2 off. Basically wondering if ak74 stock and front end could be put on it?

Do you want it to look like an ak74 or ak74u?

Ak74 is what I'm wanting it to be hopefully. I think the 74U is shorter if I'm thinking right. Not looking for as short as possible just shorter to fit him better.

Ak74 is what I'm wanting it to be hopefully. I think the 74U is shorter if I'm thinking right. Not looking for as short as possible just shorter to fit him better.

Ak-74s and 47s are about the same length. You probably want an Ak74u. It's a 74 with its barrel cut down to the handguard (handguns won't have to be changed). You should be able to buy a new outer barrel, but keep in mind that you'll also have to get a shorter inner barrel unless you want it sticking out.

Ak47 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

Ak74 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-74

Ak74u -http://m.airsoftmegastore.com/14910-ics-airsoft-ak74u-aeg-full-metal-w-real-wood-handguard.aspx

EDIT: The ak74 is actually longer than the 47, but that might have to do with the stock. Also you don't have to buy a folding stock. It'll look fine with the fixed wooden stock.

Edited by Kranman

Maybe thinking of the AK-105? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/AK-105_Avtomat_Kalashnikova.jpg/1200px-AK-105_Avtomat_Kalashnikova.jpg

The TM-style CYMAs can be relatively easy to change the front end: they have four screws on the bottom of the receiver (two in the magwell and two between the magwell and handguard). Unscrew those, remove your hopup arm peg thing, and then pull the front end off. As long as you have a matching front end (i.e. same TM-spec) you should be able to just attach a different one easily or with minimal modification. The main issue is... You can't really just buy front ends lol. Gotta get lucky and find someone selling one on a forum or get a really good boneyard deal on an online store.

Honestly i don't think this will be an easy task for you. Like i said it's hard to just find TM-style front ends for sale, and since you are wanting to get rid of the 47 length then it will be even harder as that's what people normally get rid of. If you really want it shorter and don't care about externals (i'm pretty sure you do though), you could just take a hacksaw to the barrel and cut it down to the size you want, but yeah, it wouldn't look to good lol

Best of luck

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...