Cosplay-Esq Style Gear

Isamov

Whats the take on doing a cosplay-esq style of gear? Nothing like running around in Halo Spartan armor, but what if I styled my gear to look like a rebel soldier in Rogue One or even a Space Marine from Aliens? Something with a bit of a sci-fi edge to it. Was even considering modding my gun to look 20+ years in the future. I know its not exactly practical but if I'm gonna dress up and play soldier and am also interested in cosplay or sci-fi might as well go full creative? Would it be frowned upon to make a Milsim team all in the same style? 

"Airsoft is 85% looks" - Everyone

We all dress up like army men and run around and shoot each other, why not get dressed up in spartan armor and shoot each other?

For pick-up games and smaller milsim games the kits you describe  would be fine as long as they have a tan based/green based layer. Larger milsim games unfortunately have more strict rules on camo so it may not work out as well. just about every game in Indiana will allow you to play in a cosplay-esq kit. they may however ask you to put a strip of tape around the arms to keep from confusion. 

Edit: as for the guns, cool ass guns are always head turners.

Edited by Tomahawk

What Tomahawk said: to each their own when it comes to outfits. As for Spartan armor I wouldn't reccomend it solely because if you're using a dense material that covers 90% of the body you're unlikely to feel hits. Now the Rogue One kit, *that* I can see. Not to mention most of the prop rifles in the Star Wars saga are usually re-purposed real world guns (iirc one of the Stormtrooper rifles is just a Sterling SMG).

I too echo what Tomahawk.

As long as it's not a super serious MilSim event I say go for it. Sometimes I host specific events for just this reason. For example Zombies events or post apocalyptic so players can get creative with what they wear.

Hell I typically wear some kind of Joker-lite cosplay when I show up to airsoft more often than not. I'm known to wear purple lol.

~Joker

Airsoft is great in that you can either use what works, or go completely nuts and wear 60lbs of armor for no reason at most events.

It's completely up to you. Rogue one with a green base layer? Go for it.

Spartan armor? Go for it. (Although a thin layer of metal for sound feedback when you get hit would make things easier.)

Hell I typically wear some kind of Joker-lite cosplay when I show up to airsoft more often than not. I'm known to wear purple lol.

~Joker

Says the guy who wore a blue polo and khakis to a game and remained hidden for a whole hour... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to this party, but as the guy who built his own mandalorian armor for airsoft, I'd say I'm biased. As others have stated, we're pretty much already cosplaying. I'd go as far as saying we're larping, just with guns. As long as you adhere to an event organizers color restrictions, which just makes it easier to identify what side everyone is on, do whatever you want with your kit.

Side note: many of the rebel troopers in Rogue One were wearing Gorka and other Russian gear, much of which was unmodified or only lightly modified. Hope that helps.