Talk Of New Indoor Fields

Chronos

Hey guys, been a while since I've been active in these forums, just been lurking since I've been way too busy over the summer to attend events. I know that there was some talk about new indoor fields being built in Indiana, but I haven't seen anything else about the projects in a while. Does anybody have any updated info on those, or have the attempts to build another indoor died out?

Yeah, I know of that one, there's been talk of I think 2 more possibly getting work started on, just was wondering if anything happened with it. 

Yeah, I know of that one, there's been talk of I think 2 more possibly getting work started on, just was wondering if anything happened with it. 

Well there was MTAC from a year ago but as far as I know most people stopped going because the cost was ridiculous for the size of the "field". Don't get me wrong I had a great time, but it's only fun for 2-3 games. Never been to Spec Ops but then again they don't post their games on the forums so I'm not sure how to find them.

Edited by Snuffles

Unfortunately you had better get used to a lot of "talk" of new fields, both indoor and outdoor with little follow through. If I had a penny for every time I've heard someone say they were going to open one and never actually did, I could have opened my own by now.

Spec Ops Group is open every weekend and even during the week some. All of their info gets posted on FB and their website. It's basically open play, randoms show up then they divide up teams and you play. I've been to the indoor in Martinsville a few times. I've not been to the new outdoor field yet.

~Joker

Oh right, forgot about MTAC. MTAC is open to airsofters if you call in advance, it's pretty neat for training purposes I would imagine.

I'd love to see more AI members consistently hit the same reliable field every weekend or twice a month, but I don't know which field that would be, nor is that idea on my plate for probably two more months. :(

Well there was MTAC from a year ago but as far as I know most people stopped going because the cost was ridiculous for the size of the "field". Don't get me wrong I had a great time, but it's only fun for 2-3 games. Never been to Spec Ops but then again they don't post their games on the forums so I'm not sure how to find them.

MTAC still takes private parties for airsoft but yeah they don't do open airsoft events anymore. I think the issue was they got popular so more people started showing up after the first game. That field kinda breaks down once you hit 16+ people.

Spec Ops Group is open every weekend and even during the week some. All of their info gets posted on FB and their website. It's basically open play, randoms show up then they divide up teams and you play. I've been to the indoor in Martinsville a few times. I've not been to the new outdoor field yet.

Yeah, I've known about that one, I went to their original field when they had just started up. Haven't been to the new one location, but I also don't like having to buy their bbs on top of a $25 entry fee. I know it's not up to them for the bbs, as it's their insurance, just still sucks you can't use your own. 

I know that there's always a bunch of talk about fields, and that normally that's all it is, but I figured I'd still ask anyway. Trying to find some indoor places to play for the winter, but seems like the Spec Ops one is my only option within a 2-3 hour drive. 

While I do have my own concerns with Spec Ops, I'd love to see a solid AI presence there during the winter. It's far better than not playing! I plan on going a few times starting in December.

I went to the indoor location once and went pistol only. I didn't even buy extra ammo, just used the 200 that comes with admission. Played a few hours and had a good time. I'll definitely go back a few times this winter.

I'd love to see a large indoor facility in Indianapolis, but I'd also never get anything done around the house...

• 2 weeks later...

I also plan to hit Spec Ops a bit over the winter. I don't love the idea of buying their BBs more from the standpoint of not having them shatter in my gun. I would like to see the price drop to $20 for guys that bring their own gear but if he is filling up who am I to say he shouldn't make money.

Bit of a ways from indy,but Kalamazoo airsoft is back in Three Rivers Michigan, 4 story building. Top 3 floors are fields. Ground floor is staging/pro shop. Should be open fully late november, they're hosting a soft opening November 11th, 10am-4pm.

Bit of a ways from indy,but Kalamazoo airsoft is back in Three Rivers Michigan, 4 story building. Top 3 floors are fields. Ground floor is staging/pro shop. Should be open fully late november, they're hosting a soft opening November 11th, 10am-4pm.

Are they three separate fields or one multi-level field? Either way that's pretty cool

• 2 weeks later...