Mccordsville Field Issue

williamc

Hi guys.

So on Sunday we had our game. We had 2 guys that had been told rules, disobay them. They where shooting people when they called hit and had turned their backs to them. They where even over shooting to little kids that played better them anyone there. They where yelling use bad language.

So when I was on my way to talk to them, another player had asked then to cool it. And player A as we will call him started yelling bad language and pushing. I stepped in asked him to leave. Player A's group then started in on me and the other player. After much yelling they left.

I just wanted everyone to know. There was some new people that I want them to know this normally doesn't happen.

I want to apologize to everyone.

Player A and his group is banned form Mccordsville field. Eo's can message me and I can tell you who they are.

Edited by williamc

"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand."

sorry to hear you had trouble. 

Assuming it's the people that i think it is, i have witnessed the same conduct from them at just about every McCordsville game and at the Battlegrounds game i went to back in February. Just a lot of unnecessary yelling and overshooting

Nox.

You are correct. And every time I'd say something to them about it they would just leave. Then not come back for a few games.

All day yesterday they both called me telling me they will take me to court.

Chunky in his acu's with the attitude problem is a snowflake. Same terrible behavior both times i saw him at battlegrounds. Doesn't seem capable of understanding that his king arms can't shoot well beyond 120 feet then yells for you to call a hit that doesn't drop within 60 feet of you. Just an overall aggressive dude, really has no place on the field.

Had issues with him at every game I've ever been to sucks he did something stupid at mccordsville. Such a laid back field and people want to ruin that

That game did give me a chance to talk to my 2 boys about sportsmanship. And explain if they ever act like that I will stomp a hole in their ass. The worst part was their was a new family that just started playing and might think that is how the sport is. I have been playing over 3 years now and have never seen anything like that happen. We all get heated sometimes. But that was way too far. William did a great job handeling the problem when it was addressed to him. Thanks for the game william, see you next time.

called me telling me they will take me to court.

So, IANAL, but I'd imagine the only legal recourse they could hope to pursue would be defamation of character, or libel. But for any of that to be actionable, you would have had to made false claims against them. AKA, its not defamation if its true. "Jim is a bad mechanic" is defamation. "Jim didn't put oil in my car after I paid him to fix it and now its ruined." is a factual statement. So, just make sure you keep things objective and factual. Also, for that type of case to have merit, there has to be some form of fiduciary loss that they can prove and attempt to recover, otherwise, what are they even suing for?

Well done Williamc, setting a good example for event hosts and players. Society as a whole doesn't accept those types of behaviors, Airsoft shouldn't be any different. Keep up the good work.

~Joker