Operation Quagmire - October 14, 2017

Fang

Pardon me if I am missing where it is located; I can't find any rules on FPS limits for weapon classes. 

What FPS limit should I be operating under on my bolt action rifle? Just so I know what spring to put in.

Thanks!

Broken, glad to hear it. We'll see you in a week!

Sieve, for a bolt action rifle, please refrain from using a spring higher than 600 FPS for this event. We, and I'm sure many players, would appreciate that. :)

Please keep a common-sense MED in mind when firing upon an enemy.

ghostface, the current headcount is at 19 who have said they are attending on the forum and elsewhere. eXplore Brown County has been doing their own advertisement campaign for the event, and I didn't think of this ahead of time this year for some reason, but I did not set up a page on Eventbrite like I have in years past, so there could be a few more to a lot more people coming. I've found that more people come than the amount who say they are on the forum.

For my next event, I'll be working with the field t set up pre-registration to make the whole check-in process faster and more efficient. That, and we'll have an almost official headcount.

Red, I am glad to hear that you are coming. I look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know you all personally.

Remember to bring cash for admission. Price is $15, plus $1 more if you're part of Q.U.I.E.T.

The community as a whole needs to step up on signing up in advance. So often a game will have 5-10 people signed up on AI and then 20-30 show up.

Rex, in years past, I've taken advantage of a website called Eventbrite. I didn't think to use for this event, but I wish I had thought of it when I first began advertising the event. Don't let me forget to use it next time.  ;)

ppmoomm, that's great to hear! I'm glad you look forward to this event as much as we do. So, that's about 25 or 26 who have said they're attending either on the forum or by word of mouth. We're looking good.

On other forums I've used, no one has said they are interested or attending, but those are national forums, not state or local forums, so that's a bit of a reach. As I've previously stated, eXplore Brown County has been running their own advertising campaign without my knowledge. I'm not by any means saying this is bad; rather, it's difficult for me to answer any questions they may have or reach out to them personally, and I have no idea who all may be attending. Hopefully after this event, we will have raised enough money to upgrade the website and make pre-registration a future application.

I'd say it is safe to assume we can expect ~30 people to attend at this time.

I look forward to some extreme pew pew!  :machinegun:

hey i anyone from the north heading south i just on the way if anyone can get a ride i will pay for gas

Still looking for a ride I will have a new gun by then hopefully so I am willing to throw in 5-10$ for gas

Could somebody bring one or two deans to tamyia adapters I could use in the guns a few friends are borrowing for the day? 

Trip, how many people are coming with you? Yourself included.

I'm with ppmoomm, three of our guys don't have their own guns and are just getting into it, all mine are wired to deans, but I've no deans batteries or adapters at the moment

Trip, I hope you are able to acquire the necessary gear required to operate your guns.

Snuffles, there is no firemode restriction for this event.

ghostface320, we sure hope so!

Wazza, we welcome you to our event series! It will be a good event for beginners. I look forward to meeting you.

Operation Kickstart 4 was moved into archived events with no explanation. The reason why I'm posting here is because it looks like the mods moved the wrong post into archives and meant to move this thread. Mods please fix.

Also is there a way to directly contact the mods?

Kranman, you can PM the mods. They have a blue "Global Moderator" text box under their name. hrturner is the Admin. You can also PM him. He will have a red text box under his name. I'll personally PM a mod to fix this. Thank you for bringing it up.