3 Round Burst

Junker

I searched and couldn't find anything that directly answers this...

Would 3 round burst be acceptable for an AEG over 350/400 fps or would that still be too close to "full auto"?

Sorry, I should have clarified a bit more. When the rules say permanent semi-auto for over 350 or 400 fps, would 3-round burst be allowed? I never see it mentioned in any event rules. I'm just trying to get an idea if any fields/EOs will allow it if I'm over the limit for full auto.

Another question that goes along with this one... I was shooting right at 400 fps stock and I added a Matrix 450mm tight bore (along with a Prometheus flat hop bucking and an Angel Custom H spacer). With the longer barrel and smaller diameter, I assume FPS will increase slightly. Any idea how much? 

I guess the AEG Gun tech board would have been a better place for this. Mods feel free to move if necessary. 

Thanks!

Permanent semi auto means permanent semi auto generally. No bursts. No full auto. Just semi. Single shot per trigger pull.

And for the flat hop bucking with an h-nub: bad idea. You want a flat hop nub or an mnub to maximize contact between the hop rubber and bb. The h-nub will only deliver similar contact to the bb via the hop rubber compared to a normal setup. That said, I've personally seen incredible range as the result of an h-nub paired with a g&g green bucking. As for the barrel, depending on your compression, expect a 10-15 fps increase generally when you add a tightbore barrel.

• Upvote 1

I have a gun with a two shot burst (love it) and it seems to be 50/50 as to whether it's allowed by EOs in the events I've gone to that are restricted to semi auto.  

• 4 months later...

Papabees raises a good point this just became a hard question to answer.. 2-shot burst may be allowed depending on the field/seriousness of the game. The only time I've had that happen to me was with a KWA vector, which has ammo restrictions. AEGs don't, so I believe they shouldn't fall under the burst fire guideline.

Another thing to note is once you have a nice responsive shooting gun you will be able to shoot in semi Faster than your gun shoots in full auto. To me on AEGs 'burst fire' = 'trigger discipline'

AKA, let go of the trigger to fire burst! Lol. No harm intended, it's just something me and my friends joke about a lot. Most of the AEG burst controllers are some of the worst electronics in the airsoft world and end up doing more harm than good to your electrical system.

Edited by Specter4