Gun Is Not Firing, With A Full Battery.

ppmoomm

I bought a ASG AUG A3 last week, and went to yesterdays MCC event. It ran fine all day, until the last game mode, where it stopped shooting all together. The ref that I was talking to at the time said it was my battery, so I put the gun away and went home with the boys. 

Today I got up and was going to empty out the mags that I have for it, and it's making the same noise, with the battery fully charged. 

I checked the Fuze, and it's fine. So I am presuming it's the gearbox or something related to it.

Keep in mind, I did accidently drop it when it was resting on my leg, and it dropped on it's stock, where the gearbox and everything is located.

Here is the gun on Evike for reference: http://www.evike.com/products/43590/

could you describe the noise? is the gun cycling? and did it start doing this immediately after you dropped it?

No, I didn't drop it for more than an hour, and it was working. It was shooting and working fine, and I died. A person wanted to shoot if while we were out, and he tried and it didn't fire and make a noise like it was trying to fire but it wasn't. I'm gonna open it up tonight and see if it's the gearbox. 

It makes the noise without the battery as well by the way.

It makes the noise without the battery as well by the way.

If this is the case then its more than likely gonna be a problem with your trigger, tappet or trigger contacts/switch

So motor is engaging but the gearbox is not cycling?

I assume you are trying to cycle the gearbox on a stock 8.4v NiCad/Nimh battery? Even "fully charged," the battery could still be the issue. Grab multiple different batteries and see if any others will work. The gearbox could also be mechanically locked up. If you have a high output battery (11.1v lipo preferably) hook it up and see if it will cycle in full auto to unlock itself. If not, then more than likely you will need to open the gearbox to reset everything. Test different batteries first though.

I only have 2 batteries. both are 9.6v. I tried both and neither worked. I'll have to open it up tomorrow and look at the gearbox.

Or like Tomahawk said though, it also might be the trigger.

I only have 2 batteries. both are 9.6v. I tried both and neither worked. I'll have to open it up tomorrow and look at the gearbox.

Or like Tomahawk said though, it also might be the trigger.

If the motor is engaging and wanting to turn but isn't, the problem is not going to be electrical (unless its a battery issue). The trigger is working fine if you feel/hear the motor engage when you pull it. The circuit in these guns is simple, and the electrical system is either all on or all off, delivering whatever voltage and amperage is available to deliver via the battery. There is no partial electrical engagement.

If the trigger is clicking when pulled and there is no motor engagement at all, it could one of two things. The cutoff lever could be stuck in the disengage position and not allowing the contacts to fully travel before disengaging them. Manually shove on that cutoff lever from outside and rotate it to the full off (full auto) position and try cycling the gearbox. If this still doesn't work and there is still a clicking, then thats bad news. This indicates a full failure of the trigger contacts and possible gearbox shell. This issue is more prominent with V2 shells however, V3's are rare to have this happen.

Edited by Hanback