Any Way To Help Mags Sit And Feed Better In The Magwell?

Trip

So, I have a G&P M4, one of the skull frog editions (if needed I can provide the specific model) and five of the six midcaps I own, do not feed without pushing the mag up and forwards, nor sit tightly in the magwell. Those five are of unknown brand, most likely guess is king arms. Is there any possible way I could make them fit tighter(which I'm pretty sure is why they don't feed. They're that loose, but work in my CA M4) and feed better, or should I buy some new mags?

Are you the fella with the bronze/tan skull frog G&P? If so, I still need to follow up with you on a motor replacement.

Anyways, since you own a G&P, I would HIGHLY suggest using the G&P Evike High RPS polymer mags. They are some of the best M4 mags on the market and they should fit your gun perfectly.

If you don't want to replace the mags, consider putting a male strip of Velcro in the back grove of the mag well. This should alleviate having to push the mag forward. For side wobble you can just put some tape around the magazine, but this will make for more difficult reloads since it will create more friction.

Are you the fella with the bronze/tan skull frog G&P? If so, I still need to follow up with you on a motor replacement.

Anyways, since you own a G&P, I would HIGHLY suggest using the G&P Evike High RPS polymer mags. They are some of the best M4 mags on the market and they should fit your gun perfectly.

I am, never PM'd you about that though, completely forgot. The other mag I own is one of the high RPS mags, you're correct, they are flawless in my gun. Maybe I should pick up a few more sometime soon.

If you don't want to replace the mags, consider putting a male strip of Velcro in the back grove of the mag well. This should alleviate having to push the mag forward. For side wobble you can just put some tape around the magazine, but this will make for more difficult reloads since it will create more friction.

I would have to disagree with this suggestion.  Using velcro is a great idea, but use the female side of velcro instead (it's usually "bushier" than the male side) and will have a more snug fit.  I did this before with some mags I had issues with and it worked wonders.  You're going to get side wobble no matter what you do but as long as your mag sits flush with the hop up, you should be good to go.

Not knocking your idea, Rex.  Just my .02.

The ultimate issue of mag fitment is a broad one and all due to the many numerous manufacturers of gun bodies, parts, and mags. With so many different manufacturers doing they're own thing, specific universal tolerances are non-existent. The above remedies are about the extent you can do without changing anything. If you are up for changing things so that you don't have to use tape, velcro, etc, then there are a few options.

I keep tons (15+) mag catches laying around and at least one mag from every manufacturer (Elite force, King Arms, MAG, Magpull, Cyma, etc...). There is literally no rhyme or reason to it, but just start playing and swapping. Through process of elimination you can determine the right combination. Annoying, yes, but easy to do in an afternoon.

Your best bet is to hit up a boneyard somewhere and just grab as many mag catches as you can. I picked up 30 last time for the whopping price of $5. I keep them all on hand for the guns I build and work on for customers so that they can get the right combination from the start.

Arbitrarily swapping mag catches, mags, or both is about the only definitive way to never have to worry about it again.

Edited by Hanback