Need Help In Picking

BRIFKI

So I did some looking around and found a few i like. I'm new to airsoft so bear with me.

What are your thoughts on these? And/Or the manufactures of these?

Rifle

Pistol

CQB style of play (maybe in the future)

Thanks.

Bolt seems to be fairly hit or miss reliability wise...  I have their a MK18 MOD-0 B.R.S.S. and while it is fun to shoot with the recoil, has decent externals, etc. I've already had some annoying issues with it and wouldn't recommend the brand for your first (or only) gun.  If you are willing and able to spend the $288 for the more expensive Bolt I would look into other brands like ICS, G&P, G&G, VFC, Krytac, etc. and see if you like anything there as paying the same or potentially expanding your budget to ~$350 or so on another brand would probably get you something you would be a lot more happy with.

While I'm not familiar with the particular model of CYMA AK you picked out, their AKs in general seem to be the quintessential recommendation for a first AEG.  Affordable, reasonably reliable, V3 gearbox is pretty easy to work on (not sure how bad getting the gearbox out is on that model though) and decent externals.  I have a couple of their other AKs and they have treated me pretty well.  If you really want an AK platform rifle I would probably go with this to start out with unless someone here has a good reason to avoid that particular model.

I know virtually nothing about the pistols and CQB stuff listed so I'll leave those to someone who might know more.

Edited by Spectra

Out of the three rifles you listed, the CYMA hands down. It's the only one of the three that I could recommend getting without either stepping up in price or paying extra to upgrade it.

Of the pistols, can I go with none of the above? I've heard of consistency issues with the SAI M&P. The Armorer Works, SAI 2011, and WE pistols are the exact same pistol internally, the AW one just has a fancy body and the SAI one is even fancier and more expensive. For the price range you're listing and the types of pistols you have listed, you can get the Tokyo Marui 5.1 Hi-capa. It's going to blow the socks off the rest of them performance wise and will be more accepting of upgrades later down the road since pretty much all hi-capa upgrade parts are built to TM spec.

I know next to nothing about GBB SMGs, so pass on the last section.

Thanks guys.. I'll look into those as well. 

Question. So are there any other companies that have good products or good customer service in case my gun needs tech'ing? 

Seems like CYMA is a good starter gun, but what about next level up? I'm not saying I'll jump there but would like to learn more about other companies and products out there.

Elite force products seem to have the best warranty; however, I have never filed a claim before. While teching can take some time to get the hang of, a lot of it is quite simple. Personally, I've never considered warranties in my buying decisions.

As far as the pistol goes...

IMO The cheapest 1911 hi-capa is a good option. If you want quality go ahead and pony up the extra for a Marui($180-ish). 

However if you're like me: just get a cheap WE/KJW hi-capa and use that for CQB until it breaks. Then learn how to tech on it and make it shiny!