Mccordsville Aar 5/21/17

Basic

First I would like to thank WilliamC for letting us come to his field. Seemed like everyone had a good time and I saw some new faces as well. I'll keep this short and sweet:

Pros

- Weather turned out nice, little rain

- Field wasn't too flooded

- Variety of game modes

- Met some new people

- No gun issues

- Got to run some new gear

Cons

- Those damn mosquitoes

Thanks again to WilliamC for hosting, looking forward to next month!

Glad I got to play after the low attendance last month. I had a blast.  :frantics:

I had some really good shots on a lot of players. From my point of view everyone I shot at seemed to call their hit. 

It was awesome to talk about my gun with people who are interested, and I even got to help out a fellow player with his bolt-action rifle.

The guy who I shot in the tip of the nose was a real champ about it. I was glad that he wasn't seriously hurt. I'm sure he will be thinking of me fondly over the next week or so until the wound goes away!

Overall I believe the event was well run, and any disputes that arose were quickly reconciled. Everyone played honest and was extremely kind to me. 

Thanks WilliamC, had a great time!

The guy who I shot in the tip of the nose was a real champ about it. I was glad that he wasn't seriously hurt. I'm sure he will be thinking of me fondly over the next week or so until the wound goes away!

Hey that's me! Good day minus that and the INSANE amount of mosquito bites I have. No joke my arms and back are literally covered
  • Upvote 1

Pros:

-Smoke, Wichita, and I were back on the field together for the first time in probably 2 years, which was great.

-Everyone was having a great time, there were a few tense moments but they quickly went away and/or turned into laughter

-As always, a day playing airsoft is great

-The number of players we had out there was great for the field. I think we had about 20, 30 or so would be perfect

Cons:

-Some people really need to step back and reconsider their in-game attitudes. Getting into the game is fine but there is no need to repeatedly yell to someone that they are out after you hit them. Multiple people from both sides of the game expressed their irritation with this.

-Mosquitoes. Wow. There were multiple spots on the field that were literal swarms. Ever seen a swarm of gnats? Yeah, that, but mosquitoes. Of course, though, there really isn't anything the EO can do about that. That's just nature doing its thing

So the mosquito thing. I know a company that will treat a yard for about $20-30 bucks. I wonder if it would work on the woods and if the owner would be open to it. Might save us some heartache.