Sign in to follow this  
hrturner

M240 Variants

So I'll be selling off a PKM here soon (hopefully) and it would be nice to replace it with a 240 variant. Anyone happen to know anything about the M240's on the market these days? While I'd love to pick up an Inokatsu, they are about the rarest thing Inokatsu ever made so I'm just trying to look into other possible options.

Any thoughts?

Ok, so the Trigger Happy (TH) 240 was one of the first, and a darn good gun. The gearbox is similar in nature to a '60 so it's a tank and a half. However, a lot of modification work was necessary for us to make our '240 into a true beast mode gun like it should be. For starters the motor cage has some gimmicks, and we could get the motor into the right position, but it would never stay put. Cro came up with some crazy contraption that solved the issue though, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

With a good barrel, spring, compression system, and hop-up installed, the gun was more of an artillery piece. We could lob bb's straight out past 250' and with good accuracy, well out over 400' with an arc. Every time that gun got up to an elevated position, it owned the field.

The battery compartment in the rear helps balance out the massive weight of the gun, but it is absurdly small. We went in and hollowed out the stock to fit a big 'ole high output high mah 11.1v lipo. The end result was beautiful, but you have to slide the stock off the reciever to gain access and get the battery out. We never took that battery out and just charged it while it was still in the gun though.

Every 240 (full size) I have seen and worked with has had a flimsy top heat shield cover/handguard that likes to just always fall off. It's a poor design with no good way to fix. We would either just run without it or zip tie it down. Also the bipods are cheap. Ours broke about a year into use and replacements are hard to come by.

Every '240 boxmag I have seen has been constructed of styrofoam like all the old support weapons from back in the day. It is a typical '60 feed system dropped in it though, so it is not hard to modify a '60 boxmag to fit the gun. I have seen two done this way, one being a TH.

I assume that regardless of new or used you will probably open it up and rebuild parts of it internally to the performance you want correct? Externally though, it is a solid platform, but heavy as all heck. It definently turns heads on the field.

Good luck with the hunt for an iknoksu. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for. Best of luck.

Edited by Hanback

The one I have is the uk arms, which is the same as classic army and I think a/k. I love mine, works great never had any big problems. I did get a 3800mh rc battery for it. The standard battery didnt last long.They are easy to work on. The spring is quick change.The only problems i have seen are the trigger switch. I have replaced 2 on mine and a few on ones i have rebuild for others. The switch you can get at frys in fishers for $5. Im not a big fan of the newer ones with a v2 m4 style gear boxs.

Edited by williamc

Hanback, I'd love to get a TH variant but they seem to be even more rare than Inokatsu these days!

Not much luck looking around these days either.

Hanback, I'd love to get a TH variant but they seem to be even more rare than Inokatsu these days!

Touche. Airsoft barracks in Jacksonville FL had one up to a year ago when I left the state. They had it for years and it had never sold, so you can call and see if they still have it if you are interested. John may just want it gone.

Also, as a correction on my part, the TH bipod was actually really nice, pretty much all stamped steel. Im thinking the MG42 bipod that is potmetal. Apologies.

Williamc brings up a good point, the micro-switches like to fry in the gun regardless of platform. After like number 4, we went out and bought some overkill micro-switch that was meant for something non-airsoft with high Amp loads. That solved the micro-switch problem for us.

Ill keep my eyes out if I see any of the old 240's floating around. Much like seemingly everything in life, they don't make them like they used to.

Edited by Hanback

Ill keep my eyes out if I see any of the old 240's floating around. Much like seemingly everything in life, they don't make them like they used to.

Ain't that the truth! Thanks for looking as well. :machinegun: