M4 Prowin R-Hop

Rex

After searching through the forum I was unable to find the specific answer (and hopefully personal experience) to my question.

Does the ProWin M4 hop-up unit work well with an r-hopped barrel?

I recently decided to r-hop my PDI 6.05 barrel. After speaking with a few forum members and researching online I found a retailer (Hop Systems) who offers both r-hop installs as well as barrel window milling (#PDIproblems). However, I was surprised to learn that Hop Systems doesn't suggest using a ProWin hop-up unit for the r-hop "because it does not apply pressure evenly with the M-nub." Is this true? Does anyone use a ProWin with their r-hopped barrel?

Hop Systems suggests using the Lonex metal M4 hop-up unit. For $14 I am not overly concerned about the price; however, adjusting the dials on this style of hop-up is one of the primary reasons I switched to the rotary ProWin style. 

Edited by Rex

I really should have asked to shoot it on Saturday... Will it over hop 28s? Have you compared your r-hop set up with anther that didn't use a ProWin?

I can get Dj over to my house and I can use his upper on my rifle to test. He has the same barrel but with a G&G green and an h nub/stock unit vs. an rhop/prowin in mine. It won't overhop .28 depending on fps. I was using .25's sunday with negligible overhopping issues.

Pro-win anything has never let me down. I can't speak to the R-Hop aspects but the hop-up units themselves are fantastic and well worth the investment.

I have been very happy with my prowin and I can't imagine it having any trouble with an r-hop, but that is the claim made by Hop Systems. Oh well, I sent my parts in with Nox so hopefully it works. Ha.