Indy Battleground - 03/12/17

AR14

First time at the field, had a blast. Brought along both my boys this time and aside from my broken charger resulting in dead batteries, it was a good day. Only got three pistol kills but take that and the experience with a bigger field and I feel my money was justified.

As far as the field itself goes, I talked to a few of the refs about getting some of our EOs out there to organize our own games and maybe some of our own refs as well. I'm still fairly new and I sure don't represent AI like you other vets, but I thought I'd see if we could get them to come on the forums more often and try and work out more collaborations. As some of you probably heard my excitement at the end, I'm a big fan of "novelty" game types (TTT, Murder, One in the Chamber, Knives Only, etc.) as well as scenarios and small-scale ops, but the people there are still learning (which is amazing!). We could do a lot more than just capture this or kill this guy if we all got on the same page.

Anyway, share your thoughts because I'm tired out. Next time I'll bring some playing cards and a knife.

Edited by Snuffles

Had a blast at this game and got to meet a lot of really cool people. Everyone was friendly and helpful, the staff at the field were all a very great and really invested in getting more into the airsoft community. Big field with a bunch of different scenarios for firefights. Can't wait to make it to the next game!

P.S. the photography group there was called " integrity shots paintball and airsoft photography" in case anyone was wondering.

Good day there, first time there, second with my rifle. Thanks to Seth for helping me out near the end. I was the one who, during the attack/defend game, you talked about Ghost Recon with and did the metal gear "choke" to you, Snuffles. Good day overall, noticed one person not calling some hits and shooting dead players but I will be coming back again

Beyond the gent in the acu with remarkably poor sportsmanship and the long winded harping from the Integrity Shots guy it was a decent enough day. Had some gun issues and bb issues, but those were expected with a gun I hadn't fielded before and having to attempt to use some spectacularly shitty valken bbs for my primary.

Good day there, first time there, second with my rifle. Thanks to Seth for helping me out near the end. I was the one who, during the attack/defend game, you talked about Ghost Recon with and did the metal gear "choke" to you, Snuffles. Good day overall, noticed one person not calling some hits and shooting dead players but I will be coming back again

Ayy I remember you. PM me your Steam name/URL and we can take down a cartel or two together sometime. Currently on a The Division binge and possibly ARMA 2 DayZ all this week though.

Where to begin... I will do us all the favor of not restating what has already been said. 

The Good

- The staff was open to amending game play later in the day to help balance the teams (more on this later). 

- Each game type lasted close to an hour with relatively minimal down time between each game mode.

- There seemed to be a very strong AI presence (especially on the green team). I'm starting to recognize more names and faces at these events.

- The final game type of attack and defend on the compound was a blast. I would REALLY like to try this with larger numbers at their next event.

The Bad

- One word: Speedsofters. I do not know what everyone's opinion of this play style is, but I will say that having a team (tan) half filled with minimalist hpa users sprinting around the field spewing full-auto out of one of their 10 high-cap magazines is not my idea of a good time. I was peppered by full-auto fire more than once within 10 feet. I realized that this is a somewhat hot button issue, but I heard multiple complaints about it from other players so I thought it was worth mentioning. Eventually, we moved to the wooded area where this play style is far less effective and it evened things out dramatically; however, overshooting was still a problem. Finally, we convinced the staff to switch to semi-only for the last two games which I thought were the best of the day. it is also worth noting that I spoke with a few of these players and they seemed like decent enough fellas, we just play different games. 

- The only other negative from the day which was briefly noted by Ace involves the folks from Integrity Shots. To summarize, approximately 3/4 through the day, this group showed up to take photographs of game play. No problem. They then decided to give us a 10 minute lecture on how we need to play more aggressively so that the photos look "more bad ass" which will "help to grow the sport." Again, I don't mind that this business wants to come and take photos on behalf of Battleground, but I didn't pay Battleground $25 so that I could be told how to play airsoft by a group of paintball photographs. *end rant*

Sorry for the long read...

Positives

• Field is great as usual
  • Staff is willing to adjust the rules they've been running to closer match what we're used to. They eased up on the restrictive MED and have seemed to ease up on enforcement of the mouth/nose coverage, a big plus for me as I usually don't run lower protection for field play.
  • Got a good number of games in for the 4-5 hours we were play.
  • That brig is fun to play at, it reminds me a lot of the castle at Sherwood and is a great place for attack/defend gametypes.

Negatives

• Didn't have any games centered around the town, I personally like playing in the town more than the woods so that was kind of a bummer.
  • Too cold to effectively run my new G19 :(
  • Like Rex and Ace said, the Integrity Shots dude giving his sales pitch rubbed me the wrong way. It's awesome they've been there the last two games to take pictures, the female photographer from them that's been there is really good at getting action shots. But on a cold day when we are all ready to go on the field and get the blood flowing again, making us stand there for 10 minutes to give us your pitch and try to tell us how to play is just not okay with me. Airsoft does not need you to "help grow the sport" so don't try to act like you are a guardian angel swooping down from above. I don't have a problem with advertising your services to a new demographic, but there are MUCH better ways to go about it.
  • Multiple people on the tan team having integrity issues. I personally don't even have a problem with Speedsoft as a playstyle, to each their own. The problem is with this specific group of speedsofters that show up to all the Indy BG games. They shrug off hits then have the gall to try and call out other people. They spawn camped our left spawn the first game even after I had told them that they were spawn camping. They spray down people unnecessarily. It is getting to the point with these people that I kinda don't want to go to Indy BG games if they're going to be there, it is a reoccurring problem with them every time I've seen them there. I think if Indy BG goes semi-only for non-support weapons, which there really isn't any reason not to considering that almost every other field in Indiana is the same way, then it would solve some of the problems. In the long run though airsoft is a game of integrity and that specific group has very little integrity and only care about "winning", that is the worst kind of person to play with.
Edited by broken

I was just happy to get some trigger time in haha, had a great time! No complaints, tho i thought everyone was having as much fun as me haha

Sorry some of you green guys had a rough time.. I'm just happy there's more fields popping up for gameplay √

I honestly can't wait to see what integrity shots uploads from that game, following there page on Facebook hoping to see some of that drone footage!

I was just happy to get some trigger time in haha, had a great time! No complaints, tho i thought everyone was having as much fun as me haha

Sorry some of you green guys had a rough time.. I'm just happy there's more fields popping up for gameplay √

I honestly can't wait to see what integrity shots uploads from that game, following there page on Facebook hoping to see some of that drone footage!

No complaints against the field or field staff they have really stepped up as host and there doing an amazing job, my only complaint about gameplay was some guys in acu just acting like straight up d-bags. other then that enjoyed the day and wish all my guns where working

First time at the field, had a blast. Brought along both my boys this time and aside from my broken charger resulting in dead batteries, it was a good day. Only got three pistol kills but take that and the experience with a bigger field and I feel my money was justified.

As far as the field itself goes, I talked to a few of the refs about getting some of our EOs out there to organize our own games and maybe some of our own refs as well. I'm still fairly new and I sure don't represent AI like you other vets, but I thought I'd see if we could get them to come on the forums more often and try and work out more collaborations. As some of you probably heard my excitement at the end, I'm a big fan of "novelty" game types (TTT, Murder, One in the Chamber, Knives Only, etc.) as well as scenarios and small-scale ops, but the people there are still learning (which is amazing!). We could do a lot more than just capture this or kill this guy if we all got on the same page.

Anyway, share your thoughts because I'm tired out. Next time I'll bring some playing cards and a knife.

snuffles one of the owners is on the forums he just hasn't been active forever, I would like to see them on here posting about events instead of community members posting events for them

snuffles one of the owners is on the forums he just hasn't been active forever, I would like to see them on here posting about events instead of community members posting events for them

Second that.