Wanting To Build A Indiana Airsoft Field Would Anyone Be Interested?

Sirmont17

I'm wanting to build a Indiana airsoft field but before I get into doing it I want to make sure people are interested in the idea I have a few ideas for a field and game options would like your ideas and help please do comment and tell me what u think!

I am always ready to see new fields. There are more than a few field owner/operators on the board, hopefully they'll be able to steer you in the right directions.

I hope so cause where I live in indiana the closest field I can find to play at is like 2 hours away I think there was one anight hour away to bUT Ide like a closer one lol so why not make my own and put it on the map

2 hours is not the worst, depending on the event. I've known people to travel 6+ hours. But regardless, if you have land and the desire, all power to you. What area of the state are you in?

Hi, can you describe the field area you may be able to play on? Size, who owns it, what surrounds it, what terrain is there, etc. As Darth said, you are surrounded by good fields within an hour or 2. Its fairly normal to drive that long for games, but I understand wanting something closer to home.

There are 3 fields in and around Bloomington, which is only an hour or so drive from Terre Haute. Plus the indoor field in Martinsville.

So there are more around you than you think. I'd definitely suggest getting out to games, seeing some fields and talking to folks in person to get the best idea of what it takes to set up and run yours. Once you do get something running I'll gladly show up whenever I can.

Size, who owns it, what surrounds it, what terrain is there, etc.

This. If you have land that you are going to host on, you need written permission from the field owner stating that we can use the field for airsoft. There have been too many instances of someone organizing events on land that their "family owns" or "a good family friend owns" and then it turns out that they know the owner but never got permission to invite tons of people and their replica guns. You can probably see why that would be a bad idea

Yah sounds like you need to get out and do some homework before investing.. just being honest.. I know of 3 fields within a hour of you.. Live near cloverdale myself.  You second post was.. I wanan build a field. read learn get out and see what people expect.  How long have you played.. How many big ops have you been to.  Do you have land that you own.  Do you understand the risks and cost of running a field.  Dont want to detour you just trying to give you as much help as we can.  Remember if your 2 hours from any games... and not willing to drive.  your field will be 2 hours for the bulk of the players.  So you have to make something worth then driving to.  We have some pretty great fields in the central indiana area. 

This. If you have land that you are going to host on, you need written permission from the field owner stating that we can use the field for airsoft. There have been too many instances of someone organizing events on land that their "family owns" or "a good family friend owns" and then it turns out that they know the owner but never got permission to invite tons of people and their replica guns. You can probably see why that would be a bad idea

RIP the old school

I live near terre haute bout an hour from Indianapolis lol

45 minutes South of you is a very active community. Look up Silver Spur Splat paintball field. Airsofters there every Saturday, and in numbers. Great little field. Worth your drive!

Like Crimson said, we aren't trying to deter you from your goal, just trying to nail out the very serious points so you understand what all goes into making a field

Don't worry I totally understand guys and thank you so much for all your help and for all you guys wondering my parents do know quite a bit of how to get a business started and especially when running one on someone else's land. the land (if it works out) is 70 acres idk how much I may use I have 2 different options of land and the terrain varies to some hills creeks and flat land idk how much woods tho. I have some ideas for gameplay like competition once a week and the winners who win over the course of 6 games goes against a group of people who are randomly picked from the group who comes and it plays til there is one left winner gets a prize (unknown for now) and if u guys would like to give ideas for like big games please tell

Don't worry I totally understand guys and thank you so much for all your help and for all you guys wondering my parents do know quite a bit of how to get a business started and especially when running one on someone else's land. the land (if it works out) is 70 acres idk how much I may use I have 2 different options of land and the terrain varies to some hills creeks and flat land idk how much woods tho. I have some ideas for gameplay like competition once a week and the winners who win over the course of 6 games goes against a group of people who are randomly picked from the group who comes and it plays til there is one left winner gets a prize (unknown for now) and if u guys would like to give ideas for like big games please tell

If I left out anything else u wanted answered just remind me and I'll make sure to answer it as best as possible lol

If I left out anything else u wanted answered just remind me and I'll make sure to answer it as best as possible lol

Oh and the owner of the property we know well so I don't think it'll be a big issue there

Sorry bout everything being doubled

I can't stress enough how important it is for a new field owner and or event host to attend various games to see how things are done. Not only will you get a good idea of how other EOs run events but also how fields are set up and ran. This is also important because you get the chance to meet other players and let them know about your field face to face. Reputation is important and building a good one takes time. The experienced people and resources are here to help you out when you are ready to do this. Hosting events takes a lot of time, money, and dedication.

~Joker

And I will take that advice and use it I don't plan it on being a quick process I do plan on going to games to see how it all works getting ideas of what to do for my own

RIP the old school

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I gotta know: what's the story about "The School" I keep hearing people talk about.

I think this can be done with now. I was going to lock it earlier, but thought that it should be allowed to play out first. Any mods, feel free to unlock if you think there is more to discuss here but I don't see anymore worthwhile convsersation or information coming from this thread and it doesn't seem like there is any real pertinent information regarding the implementation of an actual new field.

TLDR: Yes we would love to see a new field. Before anyone can really go about succeeding in that I think it can be agreed that the potential FO should play some games locally, network with the players that would want to come to the field, and be ready to do a lot of background research (legal, fieldwork, marketing, etc).

Edited by NebAnon