M249 Saw Question

Decoy

Hey everyone, I have a A&K M249 SAW and my question is, how do I decock the gun? With my select fire guns I just fire a couple times on semi auto to decock it. But this is a SAW...no such thing has semi auto lol. I read there was a decock button for the spring on the side but I can't seem to find any such button. Any ideas? And one more question. Anyone with a SAW ever find a M4 mag that would feed in the gun with out having to hold the mag with your hand? Thanks.

If you are tech savvy you could always pull the gearbox out and cut a slot into your anti-reversal latch axle. It's not the best option and can be very difficult to turn, but it's definitely an option. I've done it on my guns just to make unlocking a locked gearbox a tad easier.

Play with your gun and bit and find out just how fast you need to pull that trigger to get it to cycle once and only once.

When all else failed, that's what I always did. it's not perfect, but it works.

One thing i just thought of: Get an 8.4v nimh or nicad battery for it. The lower voltage will make it easier to fire just one shot

• 4 weeks later...