Opinion On A Potential Buy

Papabees

So I am almost a year into this hobby and I am planning on picking up a really high quality AEG. My plan is to spend around $250-$300. My list of wants is as follows:

Accuracy and Range are a priority. I have a gun that serves me well in CQB already.

Solid internals. I want it to last

M4 platform. Matches most of my other accesories

Quick change spring. I just don't want to have to fiddle with opening a gearbox to change a spring.

It appears that this gun has most of my wants:

http://www.evike.com/products/48523/

Price seems to be solid. I'll miss the quick change spring but I might be able to live with that if the rest of the gun works for me. This is where I need your help. I am unfamiliar with the brand and was hoping to get some input. Thoughts, opinions and thrown pottery welcome.

Thanks.

Edited by Papabees

I find that the <$300 is an awkward price point. Once you hit that $300 range quality really seems to increase; however, based on my knowledge of G&P they are fairly sold guns. I might also suggest looking into G&G's mid-tier lineup as well as Classic Army. However, as Reaper noted, if you can spring for the extra $100, you really won't regret it.

Also, it is worth noting that Krytac did recently launch their "budget friendly" Alpha line. I believe the biggest differences are the weaker motor and lighter spring.

You will be happy with either gun that you choose. I don't know what G&P Starblade is comparing to, but saying " leagues above " made me lol.

You will be happy with either gun that you choose. I don't know what G&P Starblade is comparing to, but saying " leagues above " made me lol.

I would be refering to the G&P that i owned. It was garbage. plain and simple. 

The new VFCs are pretty awesome - I just grabbed one but it was $369.  Honestly...the extra 60-100 bucks will make a huge difference. Krytac SPR, etc.

Weeeeell you jokers convinced me. I sold some other hobby stuff that has been collecting dust and bought the Krytac from amazon last night. 

Rated R gave me an 11.1v lipo a while back and for shits and giggles, I threw it in my Krytac SPR....

Then I wondered what monstrosity did I unleash upon this world.  It screamed like a blood thirsty banshee when I pulled the trigger and demanded tribute of the souls of non-believers and try-hard blood.

Then I removed the 11.1 from the Krytac and promised to never speak of it again.....

I can hear it calling my name.....it hungers.....make it stop....

I always have trigger lag with a 7.4 even a high c rated one. That's why I always run a 11.1. I had to put a 130 spring in it to keep from going over the 20rps limit at BC.

Rated R gave me an 11.1v lipo a while back and for shits and giggles, I threw it in my Krytac SPR....

Then I wondered what monstrosity did I unleash upon this world.  It screamed like a blood thirsty banshee when I pulled the trigger and demanded tribute of the souls of non-believers and try-hard blood.

Then I removed the 11.1 from the Krytac and promised to never speak of it again.....

I can hear it calling my name.....it hungers.....make it stop....

My Krytacs only feast on 11.1v lipos, makes it more enjoyable when I (on the very rare occasion) switch the selector to fun and pull the trigger.