Hot Lips Hoolehan

Rex

I would like to begin by expressing my deep regret in feeling the need to create this post. For the past few days I have been back and forth over whether or not I should create the post or if I should just learn from the situation and move on. However, the urging from a few community members has made me feel that it is my responsibility to address this head on.

I would also like to note that before creating this post I was in communication with multiple community moderators regarding this topic and did not take action until I received their advice on how to proceed.

Over the past year, I have entered into multiple agreements with "Hot Lips Hoolehan" for his tech work. Some of the agreements involved cash payment to Hoolehan while others did not contain any financial agreements. The work began with a complete gearbox overhaul of my Classic Army M4. The gun performed remarkably well after Hollehan's work and because of this I felt that he was trustworthy enough to begin working on my Cyma Beta AK and 6MM ProShop M14.

On October 3rd, I placed a $180 order with Evike and shipped this order to Hoolehan. The purpose of this order was to provide him the necessary parts to upgrade the M14, which I had recently purchased from him. This order contained (among other things), a G&G green bucking and a GATE Nanohard MOSFET. Around this same time, I paid Hoolehan for the purchase and installation of a Lonex AK hop-up and G&G green bucking for my Cyma AK.

A few weeks later, Hoolehan informed me that the Lonex hop-up would not fit my AK and that he had returned it and purchased a pro-win in its place. I was also assured that because adding the pro-win granted free shipping, he would not be requiring the funding for the cost difference. Many weeks after this, my Ak was returned to me without the new hop-up or bucking. Additionally, the gun did not consistently fire. I eventually determined this was due to pinched wires in the motor grip. To this date (4+ months after payment) I have not received the hop-up or bucking or payment to reimburse me for either.

Around 6 weeks after Hoolehan received the parts for the M14, he returned it to me. A few weeks earlier, I offered him a cash incentive to produce the working rifle by a deadline; however, that deadline was not met. Additionally, the rifle I received was missing the GATE Nanohard MOSFET and was not firing due to nozzle issues. The M14 is still in this condition.

For the past 2 months I have offered Hoolehan every opportunity to either provide me with the G&G green bucking, ProWin/Lonex hop-up, and GATE Nanohard MOSFET. Unfortunately, my patients has not been rewarded.

Nearly a month ago I offered Hoolehan the opportunity to settle-up with me. He agreed and a date was set (January 20th). To this day I have yet to receive any portion of the owed amount or any of the items.

I contacted Hoolehan earlier today to inform him of my intent to create this post. I did not wish to blind side him. He informed me that I am welcome to create the post, but that I should not expect any payment if I do. EDIT: (Upon review I may have misunderstood a sentence which I took to mean that I would not receive payment if I posted. My apologies for that piece of confusion.)

To be clear, I did not create this post in hopes of shaming anyone into making payment to me. I created this post because I believe the community should be aware of these issues when they are considering who they should and should not do business with. I hope that the sincerity of my efforts here are not lost on members of the community and I hope that situations such as these remain few and far between.

Thank you for your time.

- Rex

Edited by Rex

Bold faced lie, I never once said if he wrote a review i wouldnt hand him any money. any mod is welcome to contact me for screen shots of the convorsation. Rex in writing can also show that offered an amount of money for work done to an airsoft gun, is attempting to stiff me on payment. I made rex a very fair offer of full cash value of the lost parts (from ak build) minus the offered money for tech services ( from m14 build) to be paid to him, he refused and would rather post lies on here. Have it all in messages.

• 4 months later...

tony use to be part of claypool airsoft and until today was a probie for teutonic knights.

Tony Is A thief. he steals airsoft items and laptops holsters etc. Do not do business with this guy let alone trust him with your gun/s. Please spread his picture to any buy sell trade sites, man caves pages, airsoft sites etc. Make this dude famous and keep him from ripping off anyone else.

Currently he has items belonging to some of the Claypool guys and Kyle Garlinger's hpa'd g36, mp5k, and g&p 249. Kyle traded him a hpa'd sr-25 to do the work on these guns. We've tried for 2 weeks now to get a response and get then back.

Tony I warned you multiple times to make things right you didn't listen so now I'm gonna make you famous.

Mods can message kyle or myself for details.

• 5 months later...