Who's Next?

Joker

Who's Next?

So in the debriefing of the community meeting several topics were brought up and are being discussed. One of the things being discussed is creating a group (round table) for the purpose of planning and hosting events. And currently Third Group has stepped up and already have the beginnings of an event that will be hosted in the coming months at MCC. I'm proposing that instead of having one large group planning everything, we break it up into several smaller groups. At least for now. One group per event. And there of course can be crossover of people or help as needed.

So my question to you all is who's next!?

It wouldn't hurt to get planning for the next event or couple of events. We can't let Third Group do everything for us, or have all the fun. ;)

What's currently needed:

-Event Group Leaders

*These people can be field owners and or experienced event organizers. They have the final say on event planning. They are in charge of hosting the event.

-Event Planners

*These people help with ideas and planning of the event. These people will be expected to reach out to field owners to get permission to use a field for the event. They will also be expected to show up to the event to help host.

-Prop People

*The event may or may not need various props. From bombs to maps and so on. The people in this category need to help build/make the props.

Obviously people can wear more that one hat and by that I mean be in several categories. There also may be more event specific duties needed that someone will have to fill. Before you volunteer for any of these groups make sure you can communicate with others in your group however they decide to do so. Some prefer to plan in person, some like to do it in forums/social media groups, and some like using things like email/PM or phone calls. So make sure you can commit!

Who's next!?

*I can not commit to any event or group because of IMPACT events and life in general for me this year will be hectic to say the least. I already have several events I plan to host just like I do every year. That being said I would be more than happy to lend a hand with planning or hosting if I can. Think of me as an experienced event host advisor.

I've got a full wood and metal shop. Props would be easy. Especially if the materials/funds for materials were supplied, and I just had to make whatever is needed.

I'd also be good to volunteer as a referee so that EOs, and land owners could actually play if they wanted to. I don't really play anymore, so just helping out is what I'm interested in. I'll get back into it in the future, but for now I'd be happy to volunteer in other ways.

Like I said in the other post, I can be contacted here anytime. I'm having knee surgery soon, but after that, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can from mentorship, teaching, building, organizing...etc.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting up Sasquatch! I'm sure there are others out there interested in helping as well that just have not yet posted.

~Joker

Round table 2.0?

Not exactly. Just trying to get some groups started for planning and hosting events so the same handful of people don't have to do it all the time. Just one of the many things discussed at the community meeting.

~Joker