Krytac Vector Aeg

Nox

So uh, yeah, Krytac is releasing a Vector AEG. If you didn't realize, the Vector is a super complex platform to put a gearbox in, which is why there has only been GBB versions thus far.

One of the members on the Airsoft Mechanics FB group posted this unofficial diagram of the gun's internals:

16142728_10202798910930344_6244792771466

CRAZY right? Even though I'm very impressed with the engineering required to make this happen, I can only think about the amount of failure points this design has, e.g. the hinged tappet plate/air nozzle section and what looks to be a lack of reinforcement.

Anyway, I made this topic cause I still think this is an awesome concept and think we can get a decent discussion out of it.

I'm also amazed that they were able to make all of the components fit. My biggest concern is also with the durability of the gun, especially because it carries a massive price tag of $450. I feel like it's best bet or success will be if a HPA engine can be created for it.

Polarstar and wolverine have already received schematics and are trying to figure out how to hpa it apparently.

I'm getting one regardless, i have some faith that krytac will have figured out a way to make it durable.

I'm also amazed that they were able to make all of the components fit. My biggest concern is also with the durability of the gun, especially because it carries a massive price tag of $450. I feel like it's best bet or success will be if a HPA engine can be created for it.

It's a Krytac. It will be fine. Plus they are owned by KRISS so I doubt they would want to half ass something with their own name on it.

From a tech standpoint, that thing has the potential to be a nightmare. We can only speculate how it is going to be disassembled, but from my time doing it, I can say with pretty high certainty that hiring a tech at a store to perform the repair work is going to cost you an arm and a leg. A tech that works after hours and not for a store will be more reasonable, but this would be a platform to learn (if possible) simply to save you the money in the long run.

It looks like they managed to retain the standard three gear system, but I wonder how they are running the anti-reversal latch on there. That, and I wonder if there will be feed issues with that tappet/nozzle system.

The other thing to consider is the sheer number of proprietary parts that will be in there. That will drive maintenance and repair cost through the roof. Props to the engineers for creating the design, but man oh man, id be timid to push that gun. I guess time will tell on longevity.

The other thing to consider is the sheer number of proprietary parts that will be in there. That will drive maintenance and repair cost through the roof. Props to the engineers for creating the design, but man oh man, id be timid to push that gun. I guess time will tell on longevity.

They are claiming that the cylinder head and tappet plate will be the only proprietary parts, but who knows... I definitely don't expect to see anything north of 25rps coming out of this anytime soon haha

I am mostly curious about the price. $450 for an AEG is no small matter. I wonder if the price is primarily aimed at recouping R&D costs. Since Kriss owns Krytac I wouldn't think there would be any royalty fees to worry about.

I am mostly curious about the price. $450 for an AEG is no small matter. I wonder if the price is primarily aimed at recouping R&D costs. Since Kriss owns Krytac I wouldn't think there would be any royalty fees to worry about.

I think it's more supply and demand. They own the license rights and are making the first AEG. And it's only the 2nd Vector that's been made the first obviously being a GBB. Since they have the only one they know they can charge whatever they want for them. I don't doubt it's likely not a cheap gun to make to begin with though. If initial sales are good and steady I'd bet they drop prices after a while.

If the body is also the GB shell I hope the guns body is extra strong. Players are not always easy on their guns and with added internal pressure a small crack could be disastrous.

I wonder if it will sound any different than your typical AEG?

~Joker

Edited by Joker

I'm going to hold out on buying one to see how well it reviews. $450 is too high a price for me to jump on this thing, no matter how sexy and unique it is. I'm sure it will be a reliable weapon because all of the Krytac line is awesome.

I'm not really sure why the price point seems high to everyone. Just look at the lvoa. It is in the same range. It is just going to be another unique high end gun. And since Krytac is building it it will be solid. So I don't think the price should really effect people's choice.

With first generation releases though there is a lot to be learned. Although prototypes of it have now gone through the ringer, and been tested and beat to snot to prove the design is capable, it still needs that first year or two on the market to work out the unaccounted for and unforeseen issues.

For example, the release of a new operating system for a computer. It is released at its best attainable quality for that moment in time, and despite rigorous testing and analysis, there are still bugs, glitches, and issues that are yet known. These wont be known until after release when the public has utilized the new software by the tens of thousands and pushed it to do things previously un-thought of or overlooked. This is why system updates exist. They address these soft spots and either mitigate or solve them.

On a much smaller scale, newly released airsoft guns go through the same process. The initial release of the VFC 417D was fantastic, and it wasn't until ~8-10 months after release that issues arose with the guns, pertaining to gearbox shell, feed nozzles, out of the box FPS, and a few other things. It took the public using the gun, pushing it, and providing feedback for these weak points to surface, and correspondingly be corrected by the second round of production, which contained significant differences from the initial few hundred release.

The same thing happened with initial Gen 1 KWA. It happened with the CA PSD line. It happened with the old KSC TMP hard-kick guns. It happened with a lot of the King Arms and A&K guns. It is ultimately not tied to manufacturer or brand, it is just a factor of a new design process. It likely will be no different with this new Vector. Thats not to say that you shouldn't purchase it however. More or less just keep in mind that there may be slight bugs with it that may take a bit to work out or fix, thats all. With that in mind, enjoy the hell out of it, since there is finally an electric Vector which makes running a full load out with mags more attainable and less strenuous on the wallet. And if you get it, provide feedback, provide input, keep the community up to date on how it is faring with use. It helps the overall process.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Gonna revive this thread for a simple purpose: expect a review shortly after the next batch ships. Placed my pre order for one and will be utilizing it both at Kalamazoo's new indoor field in Three Rivers, Michigan, and at op: kickstart 4 in december.

Gonna revive this thread for a simple purpose: expect a review shortly after the next batch ships. Placed my pre order for one and will be utilizing it both at Kalamazoo's new indoor field in Three Rivers, Michigan, and at op: kickstart 4 in december.

*heavy breathing* & *excitment intensifies*

Looking forward to that review, thanks.

~Joker

She's here. Expect a review of basic features by the end of the weekend. First impression though: this might just be the most externally solid rifle I've ever owned. Not a singlw bit of wobble.

• 1 month later...

I'll share my own experience with it. I asked an owner to bring one in a few months ago when I heard he was getting it so I could inspect it myself.

Having owned multiple KWA vectors I can only use them as a basis for comparison, but it pales in comparison externally. It is solid, and the mag has a bit less play, but the plastic looks, and feels, more plasticky.
The owner allowed me to remove the QD spring, a neat addition and in my opinion the coolest thing about it.

Performance was adequate to any other generation 1. Motor response and accuracy could use improvement, but..

The battery space is laughable at best, facilitating even less batteries than the last rifle notorious for this the PDR-c. You're pretty much stuck using one single type of 7.4. So it's hard to say response could be improved, krytac is known for supplying decent 30k motors so I'm really skeptical if the time and labor spent changing the motor will actually improve it that much.

I have heard a lot of people complaining about the accuracy, it seemed pretty accurate within the 30-40yds I was able to test it with. Seems like a worthy contendor for CQB.

That being said these remind me of the PDR-c alot which I personally as a tech am a huge fan of but other detest due to their need for upgrades and work right out of the box. Another word for this is, 'Prototype', something needing improvement when compared to its competitors. I have to agree with the few above me that are skeptical of its lifespan until later, more improved generations are released, unless you're willing to risk possible disappointment.

Another thing to consider is a Vector is for show. If you want performance and upgrade friendliness, you would have gotten an m4. So as show rifles go, you can't get much better than a Vector regardless of the platform. I think most people buying one understand that and still see the value. 

Edited by Specter4
  • Upvote 1