Are Crosman .20g BBs as bad as people say they are?

Dawson

Well I have heard from many different people that Crosman BBs will break your gun and get stuck in your barrel. Even all the airsoft retailers tell you not to use BBs bought from a sporting goods store. However, some of my friends use them and they have never had a problem with Crosman BBs, even with tight-bore barrels.

Here are the BBs my friend uses:

s7_228282_999_02.jpg

Are they really that bad, or is it just people's personal opinions?

Thanks,

I have seen them break on contact... But I have also seen the Javelin Brand that CCAE sells do the same.

Now one will argue and say Javelin are crap too... Which is understandable but they are marketed as "High Grade" on ASGI as well...

I have no experience with the crossman Bios, I use the non bio crossman 20s in my guns when I play indoors. It is my opinion that Crossman BBs are better than the Javelins. I use Airsoft elite .25s for the field. I wont use the black crossmans as I cannot see them.

I've been through about 15,000 crosman .2 rounds throughout my three year career airsofting. At first they worked fine with no problems but lately they jam up every gun I have. Personally I recomend Javelins. I been thought about 15,000 of those also and I've not had a single problem.

I one time used crossman BIOs about a year and a half ago and they were awful but at the same time their regular BBs sucked the new ones are leaps and bounds better

I use TSD BIOs all the time around the house and they do break down but it takes a long time for them to show any sign of breaking down

I have never had a issue using them in any gun either.

as for BBs I trust for games I use airsoft elite .23 and TSD .23 and ICS .25 I have not had a issue with any of them

as for the new crossmans I recently bought a tub of them and they do look good I used them at the zombie game and they worked fine all 200 I used

Not a fan of the crossman bbs. I have seen them do some pretty nasty things to guns. I might use them for grenades or something but thats about it.

For years and years all I used was Excel bbs (Bio mostly). And IMO they are the best bbs money can buy. But then I started using TSD and other brands. I like that the TSD bbs come in bags of 5000 and are about the same price as some of the other brands with lesser bb counts. I recently switched to Javelins like most of you due to availability. But the next time I buy ammo it will more then likely be TSD Bios.

I have been using Bio bbs of all kinds for year and years and I have not had any issues with them before. Some say they wont use them in tighbore barrels for what ever their reasons. But I would much rather put a decent brand of Bio bbs in my tightbore barrel then say crossman bbs or any other sporting goods store ammo. Just keep them dry (not just out of the rain but moist climates) and you should be fine, especially at the rate most of you go through bags of bbs anyways. I wish more players used Bios....

~Joker out....

Not a fan of the crossman bbs. I have seen them do some pretty nasty things to guns. I might use them for grenades or something but thats about it.

For years and years all I used was Excel bbs (Bio mostly). And IMO they are the best bbs money can buy. But then I started using TSD and other brands. I like that the TSD bbs come in bags of 5000 and are about the same price as some of the other brands with lesser bb counts. I recently switched to Javelins like most of you due to availability. But the next time I buy ammo it will more then likely be TSD Bios.

I have been using Bio bbs of all kinds for year and years and I have not had any issues with them before. Some say they wont use them in tighbore barrels for what ever their reasons. But I would much rather put a decent brand of Bio bbs in my tightbore barrel then say crossman bbs or any other sporting goods store ammo. Just keep them dry (not just out of the rain but moist climates) and you should be fine, especially at the rate most of you go through bags of bbs anyways. I wish more players used Bios....

~Joker out....

I wish they made a .23 BIO

I'll never use crosmans again. The first time I tried them was at Blind Fury and they jammed my gun really badly and took me out of play for nearly an hour. That was in a 6.03tbb, and I'll never cheap on bb's again. Sure we use them a lot but if you think about it the amount of damage that can be done to your gun is worth investing in good bb's..

If you need bio bb's the Bioshot BB's are the most accurate I've used, and the G&G are good as well, we used those at Irene. Warlord Supply has great prices on BB's, just get ahold of Alan and he can get anything you want.

In non-tbb setups I have never had issues with crossmans. It wasn't until I swapped in a madbull black python that I started to have lots of issues with them. Since then i have stopped using them and I pretty much only use King arms normal/bio or G&G normal/bio.

I am a firm believer in biodegradable BBs. And Peli I have some TSD .23g BBS for my sniper , I believe I got them on Amazon.

Pastor Blaster and I have both had horrible experiences with Crosman .2s, we used them in stock guns and the nozzles broke in three of the stock guns that were being used. It's not like it was as bad as Armageddon but it was a pain if anything. Paster Blaster and I switched to Matrix bbs from Evike after Darren's JG G3 went down from Crosman bbs. After probably 50,000 bbs combined we've never had any miss feeds or any breaks, even in TBBs. I'm totally not promoting the Matrix brand bbs to be the best out there but for $10 they are cheaper than the local Crosman bbs at Walmart which are at $13 currently I believe, maybe higher, I haven't checked in a few months. In any case, I won't buy them again after seeing the havoc they wreak on air nozzles, but that's just my opinion, if they have however increased in quality in the past year then they could worth buying sometime for back up bbs or last minute bbs.

• Upvote 1

I have used NOTHING but Crossmans for my entire airsoft career. Never had a problem. I mainly use them, again, because of the availability, For example I can just go to walmart and get a group of 5000 for 12 bucks which will typically last me a while.

I won't use Crossmans, except in a claymore. If I were a field owner that allowed stamped steel, I would not allow Crossman BBs on my field, either. They WILL shatter on impact if you fire them out of a decent gun, and those little shards can definitely cause some damage.

It's very simple to see how poorly constructed they are. Shoot them at concrete and Crossman will shatter and go every which way every single time. My TSDs will ricochet and bounce around, and will always stay in 1 piece.

If that simple test alone isn't enough for you to keep cheap BBs out of your high-end AEG, then nothing is. Even more than possibly screwing up a gun though, is that they simply are not safe. They WILL shatter when they hit something hard. (Like Stamped Steel)

I won't use Crossmans, except in a claymore. If I were a field owner that allowed stamped steel, I would not allow Crossman BBs on my field, either. They WILL shatter on impact if you fire them out of a decent gun, and those little shards can definitely cause some damage.

It's very simple to see how poorly constructed they are. Shoot them at concrete and Crossman will shatter and go every which way every single time. My TSDs will ricochet and bounce around, and will always stay in 1 piece.

If that simple test alone isn't enough for you to keep cheap BBs out of your high-end AEG, then nothing is. Even more than possibly screwing up a gun though, is that they simply are not safe. They WILL shatter when they hit something hard. (Like Stamped Steel)

I have witnessed Javelins do the same...

I am currently running the crossman .20s in the following guns

ACM M500 SSB (Gas Shotgun)

TSD Tri Shot

WE 1911.

No issues yet...

I have witnessed Javelins do the same...

I am currently running the crossman .20s in the following guns

ACM M500 SSB (Gas Shotgun)

TSD Tri Shot

WE 1911.

No issues yet...

I tried and tried to get my TSDs to shatter, and they simply wouldn't do it. I shot them at concrete, steel, rubber, plastic, fiberglass, aluminum etc. from a range of 2 feet out, and as far as I could see (hard to see 400 FPS if you're real close lol) the TSDs never shattered, but vs. concrete & steel the Crosman BBs shatter EVERY time.

That's not seamless, and that's not quality. They may work fine 99% of the time. I'd worry about that 1% and ask yourself if a $500 gun is worth risking tearing up over sub-par BBs. I'd be especially afraid to use them in a TBB 6.03 or 6.01.

Edit:

I wouldn't hesitate to use them in a GBB/R though. There's not really anything that could be torn up like an AEG, if somehow little shards of plastic get stuck inside (jam/fire/jam/fire/shatter/shatter)... A GBB is such a simple design compared to AEG, not that many moving parts to worry about.

Edited by Sloth

i agree sloth... I would not run them in my primary...I am currently running tsd .23 and kings arms .25s