Echo 1 Mk14 Ebr Combat Master Upgrades

RJtheRedFox

I want to upgrade my echo 1 mk14 combat master but am not sure I'm looking at the correct parts or have a good idea as for what to upgrade as I will be using it both close quarters and as a sniper. I'm thinking of upgrading the barrel to a 6.03 as it is accurate already with a 6.05 stock barrel. Any help is appreciated thank you. And yes I am a new player, my brother got me started with the sport.

A tighter barrel won't really give you more accuracy, just more fps. I would definitely stick with your current barrel or buy an upgraded 6.05. Also, you will want to pick whether you want to use it as a sniper or in close quarters; pretty much every field here is going to limit guns shooting over 350 to a 25ft minimum engagement distance, and more for those shooting over 400. Also, at the 400 mark your gun will need to be semi auto only as per field rules by the EOs here (you may be able to find an exception somewhere but I haven't seen one). As you probably already know, a sniper is kind of useless shooting at 450fps, even more so if you keep it under 400 to stay within field limits.

Sadly the field I'm playing at right now has a hard cap on fps of 400 for all guns with .25 bbs which is why I'm wanting to improve the accuracy and range and probably the fps too as mine is shooting 366 fps stock with .25s. Everything I had seen and heard has said the precision barrels allow for more accuracy as well as range depending on the length. I've tried to look for parts but sadly there's not many that I have found so far. I'm not sure if it effects anything but it currently has a V7 gearbox installed in it

FPS is not the answer, efficiency of air seal is.

I kinda feel like you need to get the ideal of what a BB war sniper really is, instead of the notion of breathing hard and sitting 100 yards behind a fight.

I have a stock CYMA AK105 that has nothing more than a cut spring in it, using .25s or .28s I can hit a human torso repeatedly at 60 yards.  I took the time, walked the space off, and messed with the hop up.  I actually cut the spring to reduce the FPS.

I feel like you should grasp hop up manipulation to BB weight, and the concepts of shoot, move, and communicate before you drop cash in upgrading your rifle.