Chest Rigs Vs Vests

Boogietrain7

hey i am looking into getting a new vest or chest rig but i want to know your guys opinion it will need to hold at least 4 mp5 rounds

What exactly are you needing an opinion of? If you are wanting it to hold MP5 mags then you will need to make sure what you are looking at can do just that. Or you can get just the vest or chest rig and add the mag pouches yourself. But it's all really up to your personal preference as far as the style goes.

Typically I wear a plate carrier for larger/longer OPs because I can usually carry more useful items. Things like water, snacks, extra mags or batteries, etc. For more skirmish type events that maybe has rounds so I'm not in the field all day, I will go lighter with a chest rig. I try to dress for the OP. But again that's just me.

~Joker

Chest rigs are great if you want to be light weight and mobile (also great for hot summer days), but it is not easy to customize. While plate carriers can change to your preference (if you change to a different primary gun) and very easy to customize. You can find a bunch on Evike, some are low end but can hold up for a while, while some are high end which can last a long time.

I have a plate carrier, harness, and vest. Of the three I prefer the vest hands down. The entire thing is covered in molle webbing and has virtually no movement. There's no way I'd wear my large 100+ degree plate carrier in summer without a cooling system. Mind you they sell small plate carriers that do the job without as much heat.

Jpc with a hydro for longer ops, or a battle belt for smaller round based games. All depends on the game. I just use taco pouches so i can carry anymagazine i want regardless of if i am running a plate carrier or a belt.

well its mainly going to be used for smaller games for example at the circus boneyard or blastcamp but i like the idea of a taco pouch so i can have my mp5 i might have my team loco patch and thats it for customisation what i am really looking for is compact light and wont fry me like an egg

o and all i need is a place for a camel pack good mag space that will fit  different kinds of mags like mp5 or ak mag thank you all or the wisdom you have given me

Time, style, and purpose should dictate your choice.  Asking peoples opinion on the forum is fine, but you need to get an el-cheapo condor something or other, run it, and see how it does for you.  If you like it, used it till the brakes fall off and get something nicer, if you don't, try something else.

Myself, personally, since it's BB wars and BB's have yet to actually morally wound anyone, I like to stick away from plate carriers.  Largely due to the fact they create a 'stove pipe' effect when it's hot, and channel heat right up into your face.

I like LBE/belts, myself, because I tend to spend a lot of time with 'my dick in the dirt' as it were.  When you hit the deck and go to crawl, double stacked mag pouches, radios, and utility crap on your chest and abdomen will majorly get in your way.  There is also no quicker way to break a radio antenna or get booger checked by one, than to dolphin dive on top of your radio.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=23871

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=13256

Those two things are probably a great place to start for you.  

Or, conversely, go online/to a local surplus store, and find yourself a Chicom chest rig, and see if you  cannot make it work for your purposes.

I really like my 5.11 vest. Its light, breathable, and fully customizable. It carries my hydro, has room for all my pouches and I can move them where I want. (It also has a place for patches... and that matters) But I also have harness I love due to its lightness and simplicity. It really depends on the game and play style. Harv was right; get something cheap, try it out, and move forward.

IMO, I wouldn't be caught dead (or alive, for that matter) in a plate carrier in 90+ weather.  I was so graciously given a Tactical Tailor MAV some years ago and it has seen its' fair share of action and it is my go-to LBG solution for hot weather operations.

I almost channel the death, carnage and destruction when I wear it....like some blood-soaked Space Marine with a penchant for Lovecraftian lore, listening to Slayer and Horse Forcing used to wear it...

Hmm...I must ponder this...