Completely Restoring Utg Type 96 Internals?

jdjk7

Long story short, I have an old UTG Type 96 that had a broken trigger assembly that got a lot of little bits lost. How would I best go about completely restoring the internals on this thing? Or, rephrased, what could I buy to completely cover my bases in terms of lost internal bits?

Someone more knowledgeable on these guns should probably chime in...  But if you are just talking about completely restoring the trigger assembly I think you could just pick up a new one like this:

http://www.evike.com/products/34004/

(pretty sure they have higher end, upgraded options as well)

Someone more knowledgeable on these guns should probably chime in...  But if you are just talking about completely restoring the trigger assembly I think you could just pick up a new one like this:

http://www.evike.com/products/34004/

(pretty sure they have higher end, upgraded options as well)

Yeah, I saw those. Considering it. The main problem is that I don't know exactly what parts I'm missing... Essentially, I took it apart a few years ago to figure out what was wrong with it, had to leave, and by the time I remembered it, the area had been cleaned by someone who wasn't really paying attention to what they were throwing away.

Thanks for the reply.

Your best option for a trigger is to stimply buy a new one.

If you have questions about that specific rifle though, i'm a pretty good resource.

Your best option for a trigger is to stimply buy a new one.

If you have questions about that specific rifle though, i'm a pretty good resource.

I took a look at the rifle (it had been sitting in a closet until after a few replies into this thread) and I am indeed missing the whole trigger assembly. Are these things relatively drop-in? I'm perfectly capable of doing the work, but if it's assumed that a trigger assembly is already there, there might be a necessary part that I don't have.

Another question: How could I go about looking for internal upgrades that would work specifically for my rifle? I see a lot of acronyms thrown around that seem to indicate standardized systems (e.g. VSR-10, Tokyo Marui-type, APS2) but other than context, it's gibberish to me.

Thank you for your offer of assistance. I look forward to your response.

You will need the wholw trigger assembly, it is very much a drop in assembly, but you will need 2 screws that will attach the trigger box to the rest of the upper receiver.

With the UTG specifically, you definitely want aps2 or type 96 labeled parts.

You will need the wholw trigger assembly, it is very much a drop in assembly, but you will need 2 screws that will attach the trigger box to the rest of the upper receiver.

With the UTG specifically, you definitely want aps2 or type 96 labeled parts.

I am definitely missing those if they aren't captive. Are they generic sizes I could pick up at a hardware store?

More than likely they will be. If not, utg has decent customer service, i was able to get a stock bucking a while back before i switched hop units.

• 2 weeks later...

More than likely they will be. If not, utg has decent customer service, i was able to get a stock bucking a while back before i switched hop units.

Definitely good. I sent them an email asking what size screws they were, and the service rep told me he put some out for shipment in his response.